£100!! What would you buy.

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by yorkkev28, Dec 29, 2006.

1. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

I have £100 i have saved through the non xmas involvement and i need to replace every piece of equipment in my PC. Obviously this isnt going to happen with just 100 quid. So what would you buy with 100 quid?

My spec. Asrock K8 combo dual z mobo, Athlon 64 3200 754, Geforce 6600gt, some crappy 550w psu, Seagate 80gb hdd, 120mm thermaltake fan, ATX midi case,

Now i know if i buy either moibo or cpu then its just gonna sit around until i can afford the other but that doesnt bother me.

I would prob spend over 100 on a graph card, maybe 140ish.

I bought custom PC mag this month as it had a review on all cpu's but i found it to be as helpful as diahorrea on yr birthday as they basically said that unless you spent 875 quid on a processor the rest were all shit.

On the cpu front i feel an aligence to AMD over intel unless someone can convert me.

Oh and maybe on my next setup i may get a PC that doesnt constantly sound like a jumbo jet taking off.

Ive just found this mobo Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK and read a review and it looks pretty sound.

You would have got a review link from custom PC but the link is for the wrong page.

Thanks in advance.

2. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Well, first thing i would spend that money on is a decent PSU, 600W+ from a bran such as Hiper, enermax, antec, seasonic, tagen, thermeltake.

Proberbly looking at around 70 quid, but its worth it, a certian degree of future upgrades the PSU will be able to cope with, not risking destroying your eqipment.

the other 30 quid could go towards ram.

Really i would save up more if you dont want to buy the PSU first.

The motherboard would be good for a starter system, something that can get you onto the latest tech like AM2. I think a move to Core 2 Duo system at this time would be the best move.

3. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

4. Willz

Yea, thats a nice PSU.

Hiper HPU-4M580 Type R 580W ATX2.2 PSU - Black this one too is good, its 580W, same price, just its not modular, for £64 you can get the Hiper Type-R modular 580W.

I have the Hiper Type-R 580W, its a greate CPU, i suspect the 530W will be too :)

5. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Ok im a convert, Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK this is the cheapest price i can find on core 2. Is there really much difference between this one and the 2.13 at 40 quid extra.

Been looking at this mobo, Asus P5W DH Deluxe i975X Socket 775 --- asus motherboards 775 dual lan raid atx, asus p5w dh deluxe i975x socket 775 , pc intel desktop ati ddr2 ata from aria .co. uk is it any good and will it go well with the cpu?

Damn i wish i had 250 quid and then at least i could get the mobo and cpu. lets hope i do well on the lottery tonight.

6. Willz

Lol.

The 2.13 is the E6400 yeh?, i think its best to get the E6300 as it can be easilly overclocked way past the E6400 clock speeds i belive.

The motherboard seems compatible too.