£250 Budget Need Help

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by PennyHopkins, Dec 28, 2007.

1. PennyHopkins

PennyHopkins Geek Trainee

Hello Ive been looking to purchase a new PC but am on a relatively tight budget i need to build a pc that is capable of running The Sims 2 As it is for my daughter mostly. otherwise the Pc will only be used for general school work and leisure.

I want to buy the best spec i can afford but could do with some advice or a whole spec by someone who knows what they are doing. all advice is much appreciated but i can only stretch to around £250

2. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

How much experience have you got with building your own rigg? Are you comfortable enough to overclock? Have you got some startup hardware like HDDs, opticals, ect? Any hardware I list will be in USD, and will be American links but I will make sure it is under $375 USD, which is right around £250 I believe. Just let me know exactly how much hardware it is that you will be needing. Also, you are SURE that SIMS 2 is the most graphically intense application that will be run?

3. Tech

Tech Padawan

Personally I'd buy a second hand machine. Ive seen AMD Athlon X2s at very reasonable prices.