100% repair of Laptops

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by santapg, Sep 18, 2007.

1. santapg

santapg Geek Trainee

Hi! I am Sandip Golani engaged in chip-level repairing of Laptop & desktop motherboard, If Any one of u have any problem, Pls. Place u r question in the forum, I will reply over here. I am Ready to share my 15 years experiance with Hardware forum.

2. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

That's very good of you! Welcome to hardware forums!

3. santapg

santapg Geek Trainee

General Laptop Maintenance Tips

Don't leave your battery unused for long periods of time. Even if you use AC power most of the time, use the battery regularly to keep it in good condition. Switch off your AC adapter when the laptop is not in use. This prevents overcharging.

To extend battery life, you can try decreasing the LCD brightness while using your notebook. You can activate the `Standby' and `Hibernation' power saving modes, too, for better battery life, you can put off the Wi-Fi when not in use.

If you do not use your laptop for extended periods of time-a week or more remove the battery pack from the laptop, but only after discharging it fully.
    No eating and drinking near or around your laptop. The least bit of water could short-circuit some sensitive laptop circuits, and render it useless.

You may sometimes be tempted to turn your laptop off by simply holding down the power button until it powers down. Although quick, this method is harmful to the laptop and could cause data loss. A hard reboot should only be used as a last resort. Sometimes this is inevitable, for instance, when Windows hangs. But this should not be a regular practice.

Don't subject your laptop to jerks and shocks. This will help avoid damage to your hard drive. Preferably, power the notebook off before moving it from one place to another.

External peripherals and accessories such as external optical drives, PC cards and USB keyboard lights draw power from the notebook. Disconnect such devices when not in use.

Booting the notebook when it is not connected to a power source draws a lot of power from the battery. Instead of shutting down your laptop in the middle of a meeting, choose the `Suspend' mode if you wish to use it again after just a short interval. This will save battery and help you restart your work faster.

If you have just shut down your laptop, give it 30 seconds before you start it up again. This ensures that the hard drive has spun down, and is not subjected to sudden switching on and off.

Don’t put on the laptop keeping of cloth or bed because generally the air flow is from bottom, regular doing so may reduce the life of laptop circuit.

Don’t press very hard the laptop keyboard because, if damaged can cost very high, therefore while playing game use external keyboard.

If Any User have any query please come to this forum and ask, i will gladly help everyone.

U can also mail me to [email protected]

4. santapg

santapg Geek Trainee

Guide To Purchase Of Secondhand Laptop

1. Laptop is used to carry from place to place…so people who travel a lot must think of the weight of the laptop.
    2. Every battery has a lifetime. So going for a Laptop with hardly any battery backup is not suggested. Minimum of 45 minutes battery backup is very necessary. So while purchasing the secondhand laptop please keep in mind to check the laptop only on battery for minimum 30 minutes and also keep an eye on battery usage indicator.
    3. Carry with yourself an audio, video & Blank CD/DVD so that u can check the audio section and video section of the laptop including the CD/DVD read/write test.
    4. Run the scandisk utility available in all versions of windows and check for bad sector in hard disk.
    5. Take with yourself any external device like thumb drive to test the USB port.
    6. Take with yourself SD memory card to test Card Reader (If the option is available on the laptop)
    7. Take any good floppy to test the floppy drive (Any how current Laptops are not coming with Floppy Drive)
    8. Take an external headphone and microphone to test the external audio port.
    9. Attach the laptop to the external monitor to check the external VGA port is working or not.
    10. Open any word file and check all the keys are working or not.
    11. Check for battery charging for 5 to 10 minutes and see the battery indicator is showing charging.
    12. Press the window and the break keys on the keyboard and see the amount of RAM and CPU details. Further chick the hardware option and then the Device manager to see all driver are installed or not. There should be no Exclamation mark.
    13. Slide the LCD screen slowly on the hinges and check any flicker on the display if so there may be a problem on the connector cable driving the LCD circuit of the laptop.
    14. Also check the Modem, Bluetooth & Wi-Fi Port if available on your laptop to be purchased (Do only if you know) I will be writing on these subject next.
    15. Check the laptop minimum for 45 minutes to see whether laptop hangs or restarts or shutdowns.
    16. See the Laptop User manual and Driver CD are there with the Laptop.
    17. See that u get a laptop carry case, otherwise u have to purchase one.
    18. If all the conditions meets out OK and within your budget just go for it.
    19. Happy LAPTOPing.

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I have a Gateway laptop that powers on and that is it, No video and no hard drive noise. Also all drives do not work. any ideas..

6. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Hey Gohstman,

Is there any HDD sounds at all at the beginning?
    Do you see the initial boot screen?

I have a Compaq Evo which also turned on but no display. The HDD went for a while and then stopped. I found out that my laptops screen is not working.
    Once I have connected to en external display all is fine. Laptop screen Kaaput!

7. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

No ,There is no hard drive working and No Video, all it does is Power ON...
    Thats it..

8. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Right... last idea.
    I have seen this working before so I although it sounds silly, give it a go anyway -

Take the battery out and leave for a minute or two. Then connect the MAINS (Charger) whilst the battery is still out and try to power up.

I have managed to get a number of laptops going like this before.
    Won't hurt to try...

Good luck

9. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Man, That was it.. Hey : Thanks allot... I guess all I need is another battery..
    Man,You would never know that something so easy would be the problem..

10. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

No worries... pleasure. But hey, do not rush to replace the battery. Laptops do this kind of thing sometimes... It is like they need a 'kick start'... :eek:
    See if the battery has a built in charge meter (looks like a row of dots on the battery's side which faces the laptop). If it has then it is likely that there is a button to press. Press the button and see if the charge meter shows anything. Even if it does not, try and fully charge the battery and try to use again.

11. santapg

santapg Geek Trainee

Hi Ghostman & Sabasauli

Hi! it was nice to see two cats fitghting in my house...sorry it was a joke... i found it nice, i the real man out and other two persons answering...any how answe for the member ghostman

There is a problem with the motherboard of the laptop what i think. its not with the battery or HDD.

Thanks

Sandip Golani

12. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

13. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Yea! there is a little gauge on the side and a button.. I push in the button and now it is able to hold a charge..Thanks again

14. santapg

santapg Geek Trainee

No Query

No Query on the board

Sandip Golani

15. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Sorry Santapg:
    There is no problems with the motherboard, that is what I thought it was , when I first got it. It just turned out to be the battery, Which I have reset it,and now is working just fine.

I think I would look at are post real good,and see how many we have to
    see WHO'S house this really is..

16. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

No Query

Are you receiving medication for this condition? :eek:
    Only kidding of course....:chk:

Seems like not many problems with laptops.... :cool:

17. santapg

santapg Geek Trainee

Sorry I was out of station for holidays

Hi! hardware forum members so i am back...again to solve your laptop problems.

Sandip Golani

18. santapg

santapg Geek Trainee

No Query

19. Agoriuq

Agoriuq Geek Trainee

Hi. I´m new to hardwareforums. I was looking for a solution for an Acer Aspire 3000 battery pack. It seems to me that gets full charge (take a while to discharge), but the OS reports 0% battery charge. Should I through it away and change it ? Thanks in advance.