2 - 0 England

Discussion in 'Sports Forums' started by Nic, Jun 16, 2006.

1. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I think it was quite a poor show from the lads and the majority of the finishing was terrible but stevie gerrard's goal. WOWZA

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

very similar to the first match its the points that count at this stage.

3. DavidNW

DavidNW Big Geek

Yes, the way to go for England, let's hope they can keep it up! I've just watched Argentina win 6-0. Sven's lads are going to have to be at there best based on the latter's performance this afternoon.

4. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

I think england dont really have a chance, at the end of that match all they were doing is passing the ball to each other and kicking it back to there goal lol, they should have made the effor to get another goal.

England was a Discrace!, 2-0 with one of the crappest teams in the world cup, whaaaaaaaat, omg they have no chance against teams like Brazil.

5. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Actually Brazil havn't been playing to the top of their game either...now if you'd said Argentina...well thats a whole different matter.

6. Willz

if brazil aint too, hmm maybe it's just coz its the biggining, coz i thought brazil was one of the worlds best, but i dont know anyhting about football lol

7. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

:) Brazil are one of the worlds best teams but there not playing at the top of the game at the minute...just like England.

8. Willz

hmm i wonder if there not playing at there best on purpose then?

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Argentina were on fire, if they carry on playing like that there's no other team that can beat them (from what's happened so far in the World Cup anyway)

10. DavidNW

DavidNW Big Geek

I think is worth remembering that the 'supposedly' best - most impressive teams - particularly in the early rounds of the World Cup, do not always ultimately end up winning the competition. I can remember England actually winning the World Cup back in 1966 (yes, I really am that old!).

When they won, they had a team of very average players, despite what national loyalty or pride might say to the contrary. The case still holds true for the current squad, perhaps even more so.

England can go all the way, but I have to say, some of the competition hitherto seems highly impressive. I think a little bit of luck is needed along with skill and a determination to succeed. I just hope England can avail themselves of both as crunch comes to crunch, as it will do all too soon! Who knows what can happen in football? There have been so many surprises over footballing history to dispel what seems to be an obvious outcome.