2 cd burners...burning?

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by mad2moons, May 23, 2002.

1. mad2moons

mad2moons Geek Trainee

I've got 2 cd burners, 1 is a 16x tdk cyclone and the other I just bought a 32 liteon. Ive also got 2 hdd 1 40 the other a 60. I've created some webpages (example intranet) that I want to send to alot of schools in the area.

I've got a 1600xp running on an mis kt6266a pro board. Is it possible that I can use both cd burners at the same time on the same ide cable? Or will I run into a lot of trouble? I just want to save time burning 2 at once.

Thx

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure to tell you the truth, it should work fine, but prob will be slow because they would be sharing one IDE...

let us know if it works mad2moons :rolleyes:

3. theultimatechuff

theultimatechuff Geek Trainee

I was gonna write exactly that a few days ago. Or you could try splitting the HDD's up and putting the Burners on different channels ie a burner and a HDD on each channel. If one is BurnProof stick that on the one with the HDD that you are copying from.

I only had one IDE cable in a comp i put together B4, i used o burn from the HD to the Burner on the same cable no probs.

Worst thing thats gonna happen is that if you CDWriters aren't burnproof you make a couple of coasters.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Also, if you want to burn multiple copies with both burners, you should pay attention to what software you use. Nero can support multiple burners as I understand, and I'm sure others do--just none come to mind.

5. mad2moons

mad2moons Geek Trainee

sold me other burner now :(

6. mad2moons

mad2moons Geek Trainee

right, where were we........changed my hardware setup now :) kt3 ultra aru, 2000xp and 512 ddr crucial :) ive put 1 new 60gb desktar on ide 3 and another new 60gb desktar on ide 4. IDE 2 now has a sony16xdvd (slave) and a plexwriter 401240a (master). Just bought a liteon 401248 and am going to add that on IDE 1 2nite (master), soon as I get home (i ran out of jumpers and power splitters over the weekend!)

Now I can't use the Versions of nero I have as they are OEM and only work with the drive they were supplied with (doh!). Anybody know any other progs so that I could burn with 2 drives at the same time?

I've got djuggler 4, but cannae c anything in there :(