2400+Sempron

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by ninja fetus, Sep 22, 2004.

1. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Well, It's just no competition for the Barton core. Hands down.
    I'm sort of disappointed, but whatever. I haven't messed around with clocks much yet. I know I can push it to 400mhz FSB and have it run stable at just 5degreesC more. The mating surface on the CPU is smaller than the Barton, only about 3/4 so a copper heatsink for maximum heat dessipation would be wise. I think It was around 70-80USD for the Sempron.

I will post more info on it. I'm not running at near full potention because when I got this processor I also purchased a new motherboard. I did a repair on windowsXP just to get running, but with some setbacks. It's not stable at all. After I do A fresh install of Windows I will start testing it and making it sweat a little bit!

Let me know if you have any questions

-A child... Unborn...

2. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

arent semprons just bartons with half the cache? I.E. the "new" thunderbird. I cant remember any other differences.

3. ninja fetus

Nope, Big B said that they are based on the thouroughbread B core (cant spell sorry)
    Im pretty sure that any sempron above 2800+ is a 64-bit in disguise.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'm pretty sure it's the thoroughbred, but if not, it's a barton. If that's true, it's more or less a rebadged Thorton core...but I could be getting them mixed up. I'm pretty positive it's the T-bred B core.

5. Addis

Addis The King

I heard that there will be two versions of it. One for socket 754 and one for socket A. I think the 754 ones are hammers with half the cache and x86-64 disabled.

6. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

You're dead on!

7. ninja fetus

Update! I've got a cooler master XdreamII heatsink that was 15 bucks. Copper core aluminum fins. I have an 80mm AeroCool 54cfm 4,000rpm, fan ontop of it.
    Idle temps:34-36Celsius
    Running folding@home for an hour:42-43Celsuis

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

What? You didn't get the Thermalright XP-120? I mean, who wouldn't want to have a huge 120mm-ready heatsink? :rolleyes:

And OMG, yes, it is huge...

9. ninja fetus

I really wanted to, but it wouldn't have fit in my old motherboard, and when it went bad I had no money to buy that AND a new motherboard, then a 120mm fan!
    Oh well, shi...stuff happens