$3000 Paper Weight...

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Millgo, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Millgo

Millgo Geek Trainee

Sorry Double post by mistake.

I recently bought a EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked with ACX Cooler 3G.
    It's been a nightmare; It first wouldn't read the card, so I figured my motherboard was old so I bought a new one. Asus P8Z77-V LK installed that, updated to lastest BIOs and then tired the GTX again.. nothing, so I figured I'd buy a new power supply bought a CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W, Still nothing... so I figured the card was DOA, I took it back got a new card (same card) and tried it... still didn't work even tried different PCIE slots. I Changed the BIOs from Auto to PCIE and it just says no signal then switches back to on board.
    Tried DVI,HDMI etc all the hook ups and nothing.
    I have no clue what to even try anymore, went through all the BIOs settings couldn't find anything else to do with PCIE slots etc. The card is getting power I just think something in BIOs is maybe causing it not to read the card, I'm out of ideas

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

List what other parts you are using.

Since you can get signal from integrated graphics, problem seems to be that video card. 2 cards DOA is very uncommon but still possible.

You did connect PCI Express power connectors to card?