4Gamers Mini 2.1 Speakers Set

Discussion in 'User Reviews' started by Waffle, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Got a set of these a couple days ago, and what can I say. Amazing. For only £28.92, the sound quality on my PS2 has suddenly rocketed from poor to astounding. Whilst not as superior as the almighty Creative Inspire 5.1 Speakers, the games suddenly got a whole lot better. With the Sub-Woofer positioned above my TV, and the 2 speakers positioned at the sides of my TV, I get the full force of the sound. Games with noticable improvement are Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons of Liberty and Max Payne 2. With an added Bass Boost button, these little beauties get the job done fantastically.

Also can be plugged in to a PC - not sure about a sound card, I think it should work on an Integrated Card, as well as all consoles.

Don't have Surround Sound? These are quite possibly the next best thing.

http://www.peats.ie/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=7229&type=6&path=14x122x4048

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

thanks, sound really good for someone who's on a budget:)

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

if only they made those in 5.1.....

4. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

yeah, but there are very few games that can properly incorporate 5.1 - halo is one, but for console games, i cannot think of many.

5. Addis

Addis The King

where do you connct them to the PS2? i can't remember seeing any ports for audio. apart from optical which i don't really know what its for.

6. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

optical is audio

7. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

yup. tells you in the instructions where to put it. looks really good when they are set up. not bad for however much they were. sure they are cheaper now - got them at xmas!