9/11 fee?

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by scorps65, Oct 5, 2008.

1. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

So i was booking a flight for my friend this afternoon and upon reading the tax details i see: tax inc. 9/11 fee

Tax includes 9/11 fee? Does anyone know anything about this?

On a side note, why do the U.S. and possibly other countries have to pay for what those sons of b****es did?

2. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

3. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Lol, i love that episode... especially the ending

So what exactly is your point because i've tried to pinpoint it through that video but i'm stumped

4. Anti-Trend

9/11 has been an excuse to do just about every bad thing since it happened.

5. Pimp

Pimp Captain of USS Defiant

Lol family guy just rules

how can America being a nation of patriots allow cartoons like the Simpsons and Family guy to take the piss out of them :doh:

but is this 9/11 fee real???

6. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Real indeed: Booking my flight

I've done some research and found out whats its all about. Its legal name is "9/11 Security Fee" and is imposed for tighter security in airports.

A lot of people over here agree with you on this matter Anti-Trend, but i don't. I think the money actually does go towards tighter security and not directly to our government for whatever they need it for.
    Still, i don't think we should be paying for what happened.

7. Anti-Trend

Boy, I feel safer already. :rolleyes: Airport security is still a joke in terms of what it can possibly accomplish. For example, they make you put all your toiletries in a ziplock bag, but they don't actually check anything inside it at all. How do they know for sure there's actually deoderant in my deoderant container? It's just a placebo to make people feel like their government did something to protect them, while meanwhile military spending goes unchecked.