A question on a gaming PC build

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by NarcoGamer, Jan 19, 2014.

1. NarcoGamer

NarcoGamer Geek Trainee

Well, I was building a mid-high range PC for about 900$ and these are the parts I have chosen.
    Asus M5A97 R2.0 AM3+ Mobo
    Corsair Builder Series CX600 PSU
    G.SKILL RipjawsX 1866MHz 2x4gb
    Cooler Master Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler
    1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 64mb
    Cooler Master Elite 430
    DVD - LG
    And the big question is :
    AMD FX-6300 + NVIDIA GTX 760 or AMD FX-8320 + AMD R9 270x?
    I really do not know which one to choose.
    I will be playing Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, and other games. I would like this computer to last at least 4 years, so I would be thankful for some suggestions with all the parts.
    Thanks!

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

MB Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0
    PSU something better than Corsair crap, where are you buying from?
    Memort OK
    Cooler OK
    HDD OK
    Case OK
    DVD OK

For wanting your machine to last 4 years, take FX-8320 and cheap 7850 video card. 270X is overpriced and 20 nm video cards are coming later this year. 28 nm cards were introduced over to years ago and today's cards have no chance to be much better because they are also 28 nm.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The 7850 is a really nice card. It's been fantastic and will run Crysis, Battlefield 3, even with a lesser CPU (yes, I'm doing this right now).

Corsair's CX series is fine, but they've had some trouble with the RM line. Having said that, Antec, Enermax, Silverstone and Thermaltake offer nice units as well. A quality unit at 600W or higher will be fine. If you want to expand to SLI or Crossfire GPU configurations, bump that up to 750W+.