a right puzzle!!!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by hdfk, Dec 31, 2005.

1. hdfk

hdfk Geek Trainee

right when ever i try to install or uninstall a program it says error1606. could access network location %USERPROFILE%\startmenu\programs\startup\. i am on a network but i shouldnt have to go through my network to uninstall or install programs, i am confused!!

HDfk

2. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

is your network using a sever or some form of network attached storage to get its program data from? in this case the directory could have got a bit mixed up along the way, if you do nt use a server try restarting your computer pressing and holding F8 and booting up in safe mode, from here log in as administrator and try removing the files from here. Hope this helps Dave :cool:

3. hdfk

hdfk Geek Trainee

yea i am on a router no storage all to the personal hdd on each comp and i want to install files really, i no how to delete them out of program files but installing im stuck!

HELP!

4. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

When your installing the programs make sure the directory matches the one of your hard drive for example C:\ and not sommat random like Z:\

5. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

do this actually m8 just myt work

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    3. Locate and then click the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
    4. In the right pane of Registry Editor, double-click Common Administrative Tools.
    5. In the Value data box , type the following line, and then click OK:
    %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools
    6. On the File menu, click Exit to quit Registry Editor.
    7. Restart the computer.