abit an8 fatility warning

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by hdfk, Sep 26, 2005.

1. hdfk

hdfk Geek Trainee

hi if any of you are looking to build a new comp or chang a motherboard then i would STRONGLEY RECOMEND AGAINST A ABIT FATIALTY AN8.....as i found out, i first bought one and my pc would not boot unless i restarted it 3 times!! after alot of stress i sent it back to pc world and they said 'well i doubt its abit so i recomend u get another one' so i had to get the same one once again i put it in BUT still no luck SO i sent it back and got a right mouthfull from there manager about how its my fault to wich i said well matey i dont think cisco train people who cant install motherboards, then i got the money back......since then i went to overclockers.com and bought a ASUS PERIUM AN* and it works fine like a treat sooo i would stay away from abit and also to the pc world man.........HAHAHAHA im right baby!

2. Rik1938

Rik1938 Geek Trainee

I almost bought one of those.

Glad I went with Asus.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'd seen [H]ard|OCP's review of that board. They usually give Abit high marks, but they blasted the AN8 Ultra. The AN8 SLI was fine, but the Ultra seems to have some issues. I hope they're not thinking they can rely on their name alone, as they seem to be thinking they can use the chipsets out there by themselves and just slap in their uGuru stuff and sell it at a premium price. Hopefully they won't slack off because there's DFI and Epox (if they can up their QC a little and keep it there) that have the OC options right there too.

4. hdfk

hdfk Geek Trainee

yea it was a annoying mistake and caused alot of stress, even though abit were sure that clearing the cmos would work, which wen i did caused MORE problems but all is ok now thanks to ASUS woo...but i thought id tell u my story just incase someone was thinking of getting an abit an8 fatality

5. Mack

Mack Big Geek

I have the Fatal1ty AN8 SLi, and it seems to work just fine except for the NB fan. I have to give it a push start sometimes.
    Which AN8 Ultra or SLI,..you are talking about,..

6. hdfk

hdfk Geek Trainee

hmm here is the link to the one i had http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=259

im running a asus a8n sli premium and have had no probs at all so it must of been the mobo??

7. Mack

Mack Big Geek

thats the AN8,...Thank GOD,..
    I have the SLi one,..
    They must be really different then,..

8. hdfk

hdfk Geek Trainee

yea they must be if yours works and two of mine didnt :)