AGP 8x SmartGART™ Problem

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Pukebender, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Pukebender

Pukebender Geek Trainee

SPECS
    Asus P4C800-E Deluxe mobo
    P4 2.8 ghz 800mb FSB CPU
    2gb pc3200 DDR400 RAM
    ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 256mb
    Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum
    420watt PSU
    ATI TV Wonder VE

Hello, I am currently having problems setting my AGP speed to 8x using the SmartGART™ slider in the ATI Catalyst control center. It says I have to retest the settings which would be done during a restart. Once back into windows, AGP speed is back to 0x. No matter what I try, it will not set at 8x or even 4x. The motherboard has no AGP speed selection in bios that i know of, just voltage settings(dont know anything about), AGP memory arpature (i think that what it is), and AGP/PCI priority. I have the most updated drivers for display and direct x. I am hoping to find a solution to this problem so I can get the best that I can out of this card. Any further questions, feel free to ask. Thank you.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Installed the drivers for the motherboard (chipset)?

3. Pukebender

Pukebender Geek Trainee

Thanks very much for pointing out one of my mistakes lol, I guess thats what happens when one rushes reformatting.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Don't worry, you'll learn. Hopefully you won't get to the point where you know your CD Key for Windows tho. ;)

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

I actually know my Windows cd-key by heart :swt: