Ahhgrr

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Willz, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Just thought i would complain to you all about AOL lol :p, i got home from college today, turned my computer on, oh guess what, couldent connect to the net, still cant, looked at my router, and it's not connected to AOL server, thats no internet, AOL has :swear: my ocnnection since my speed upgrade, everytime at night it disconnected for 5 mins every 20mins, so annoying, games are unstable due to ping, its a :swear: mess, now i am in Queue number 25 waiting to chat with AOL Live help on my neighbours computer to try to get this resolved, charmin eh, just start doing college with A levels and my internet :swear: up coz of AOL, Give a big Thanks to AOL!!! There so brilliant! i love them!.....

2. Willz

HA, so much for Live Help, i managed to fix the problem myself, AOL did have the information i needed to fix it, there just too dumb to know what to give me lol, i thought back to when i first set up the router, i needed Generic Router settings from AOL, i thought, right i bet they have changed, went to AOL Live Help.. "Hi, please can you give me the Gneric Router Setting for AOL?", they say, "What is the make and model of your router", i say "AHHGRR, i dont know, its Generic, i just need those Generic Router Setting", they say, "I have just the email designed especially for that", Thank god, i got it, i am surprised they dint ask too many questions, but they always have to ask one lol.

3. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

lol. Okay why did u sign up for AOL anyway?? 1.) it sucks -- as I'm sure u know better than I do 2.) It's **America** on-line, not UK online :p

On second thought, why is AOL in Britain anyway? Again, "America online" ... doesn't make sense...

4. Willz

It's been in the uk for years, AOL is just a name, dont matter if it says America anyway, yea AOL does suck lol, i am still disconnecting, i dunno what it is thats doing it, but aol is pissing me off.

5. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

constant disconnection? That could actually be a physical connection problem. Such as a wire not getting a strong enough signal. Do you have cable or DSL through AOL?

6. Willz

DSL, i cant see how it could be a physical Disconnect problem because it only really starts Disconnecting at Night :s, i don't understand why it does it, but i am wondering if it has something to do with the Router as when i use my AOL Broadband BT Voyager Modem, i find that i never get disconnections, but i actually need the Router for all my computers to access the Internet. AOL Live Help are useless, all they do is book a phone call as AOL said "we will Hack the line to solve the problem", did it help? no, my dad was not up, i was at college, my mum answered, my mum knows nothing about computers, so AOL said they would ring back, did they, no!, there so annoying :mad:

7. beretta9m2f

beretta9m2f Karate-Chop Action Gabe

could be that the router is screwed up, I used to get FREQUENT disconnects with my old netgear router. The thing i can't figure out is why it only happens at night.

8. Willz

Yea, it's really confusing, i wonder if it's somthing to do with the time on the router? if it is, then maybe if i change the time zone to one that is say 10am in the morning, and the connections stop, then the router must be screwed up :(, it's only the outside connection tho that screws up, when it disconnects i can still connect to my other computers in my LAN.

9. Addis

Addis The King

Surprisingly, a lot of people here (apart from parents, who fall into AOL's advertising trap) go for cable connections like Blueyonder, or BT DSL services etc. They tend to stay away from AOL.

10. Willz

Bt is crap, it's got download limit, i would get BT if they had fast broadband + no download limits, Sky Broadband seems ok, but i dont want 2mbps, at moment i should be on 3mbps with AOL, and i am on the 8MBPS package but i cant get 8MBPS so thhey give me the max speed whcih should be 3.5Mbps, but i only get 2.1Mbps :mad:, i cant get Cable in my area :(

11. zeus

zeus out of date

We used to lose connection with the exchange all the time, also at night. I thought it was the physical line but after getting on to pipex they did a test then did something (god knows what) which sorted our unreliable connection.

Get onto AOL, you never know!

Its dizzying how many ISPs there are. Here is a post of mine from adslguide.
    ADSLguide: Re: Another "which one is best for me!"

AOL actually fairs up pretty well, but I dont know what peoples gripes are about them. Is it all customer service based?

12. Willz

There Customer Service is crap, and there AOL 9 software is bloated, i think thats why people hate them so bad, but they do suck quite bad :), i have had a call booked with AOL before to sort the problem, they said it would be sorted within 48 Hours and it was not, and there customer support is always foreign, usually indian or somthing, it's so annoying because you cant understand what there saying :mad: