Alien Vs Predator

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by Nic, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Did you think this was good or a bit of a let down?

2. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

haven't seen it yet, but loved Predator and Alien movies. It looks good, but it could be a cheesy flick like JasonVSFreddy. Hope not.

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I thought it was good effect wise, but the story line bit my left one.

4. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I agree with ninja

5. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

Entertaining if:
    Everyone who has played AVP was not expecting a movie as good if not better than the game..
    A movie with brilliant fights and special effects.

Not Entertaining if:
    You have good taste in films
    Take films to seriously (quite easy to do if you were looking forward to it being good..)

This film was total shite story line wise, there was no information about the characters, they just jumped into the story.. and even that was vague...

basically it was VAGUE "Vague The Movie, With Aliens"

"Who ever wins, We Loose" --- After seeing the film i have to disagree.. *unless you count the fact that she's left in the deepest most dangerous part of the antartic without even a coat..

disappointing..

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Lol procal i questioned that phrase aswel

7. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Hell, I go to most films just for the special effects and graphics.

The plot doesn't interest me so long as the effects are good. Although it does help most of the time.

8. Egaladeist

Egaladeist I am the Eg Man

Personally, I'd like to see a free-for-all with the Terminators, Aliens, Predators, Jason, Freddy, Micheal, a few Vampires and Werewolves from Underworld and Blade Movies, and throw in Leonardo DeCapria with a piece of raw meat and some other annoying actors just for fun!
    :D

9. ninja fetus

And Matt Daemon. Always wanted to see him die^

10. Egaladeist

good choice!
    :good:

oh!...have you checked out the arcade..hehehehehe! :p

11. ninja fetus

Yes, and all the baldwins in a battle royal would be good.

Wait, what did you say? can't beat my seconds of madness score?

12. Egaladeist

I think I can...I think I can...I think I can...one question though...what in friggin' hell are those heart shaped silver arrows that pop up...and how do you catch them? Everytime they pop up I try to get them and then I die shortly after...do you put them there to muck me up...hehehehehehehe! I'll try to catch you tomorrow...you better do better than 214...it ain't gonna be enough! If I come back tomorrow and you got it up to 250...I'll conseed...and bow to your glorious
    skateboardmanship!
    :D :p :p :p

oh! Definitely the Baldwins and Oprah just to get her to stop talking!

13. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

No offense but it shows a rather ignorant view of films, if you appreciate films merely because of the graphical / special effect content then you could not give a accurate review of a film..

However, on the other side of things i went and saw Bad Santa with billy bob thornton last night, as it has only just been released in the UK, i realise that the US and AUS both had this last year, personally its a completely shite film.. however it's incredibly funny, incredibly crude, foul language, tits, arse, and well.. Santa being bad like you know he should be lol

*Edit my opinion probably isn't accurate as i had consumed 4 Double Scotch on the Rocks 2 pints and some chocolately milkshake with icecream, melted fugde and double toffee and lots of rum in it..

So it made the film v.funny.. i also think that the majority of the audience was pissed as well.. but it was funny and a friday :D

14. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Its not an ignorant veiw of films if thats the way u want to look at them. Its just I like a good plot too. Some people dont apprecieate special effects. Are they veiwing ignorantly?

15. Egaladeist

Way to go girl!!!...you keep ProcalX on his toes!!! I think you got him tongue-tied!!!hehehehehe!!!
    :good: :D

16. ninja fetus

Procalx just got owned. It's on.