amd athlon 3000+ 994mhz?

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by hdfk, Aug 31, 2005.

1. bobbyk

bobbyk Big Geek

I'm just wondering -- Did you enable Cool n' Quiet in your BIOS? If you did, that's why your getting a X5 Multipier. Turn on Core Cell or AI-Nos for Asus boards :) Or turn of Cool n' Quiet.

hdfk likes this.
  2. hdfk

hdfk Geek Trainee

and chaginng these will help my comp? cos i aint conferdent with these things, couls this be the reason my comp is starting in fail safe mode? and also thanks for the help

3. bobbyk

bobbyk Big Geek

Did you already check if Cool n Quiet is enabled? It's in the BIOS, too.

hdfk likes this.
  4. hdfk

hdfk Geek Trainee

yea my manual told me to go to minimal power thingy, shall i have it as family one instead?

5. hdfk

hdfk Geek Trainee

were abouts in the bios does it say cool n quiet??

6. bobbyk

bobbyk Big Geek

What's yor MOBO? It should be inside one of the advanced options or the Cell Menu. Lokk in you manual and chack if you do have Cool n' Quiet Technology. If you do, I'm pretty sure that's what's causing your concern. And if it is, don't worry. You'll have all the power you need when you need it. What's your board?

hdfk likes this.
  7. hdfk

hdfk Geek Trainee

abit fatality an8 i cant find cool and quiet on ne of my settings and my computer is toaly runied it take aboit 30 reboots to get it running then it starts in fail safe.......its driving me mad

8. bobbyk

bobbyk Big Geek

Okay, just relax. Power up your PC and go into BIOS. Now, find the function that says "Load Setup Defaults" and enable it. Re-boot and see what happens. Check back.

hdfk likes this.
  9. hdfk

hdfk Geek Trainee

ITS WORKING OMG I WANNA HAVE UR BABIES WHAT HAPPENED WAS A TECHNICIAN HAD A LOOK IN MY BIOS AND CHANGED SOME THINGS AND MOST OF FORGOT TO CHANGE THEM BACK!! EVRYTHING IS OK (TOUCH WOOD) AND CPU IS RUNNING NORMAL SPEED I LOVE YOU SO MUCH THANK YOU SO MUCH UR GOING TO HEAVEN EASLY JUST THANKS AND THANKS AGAIN IVE BEEN SO WORRIED U CANT IMAGINE THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HDFK

10. bobbyk

bobbyk Big Geek

No problem. That's what this forum is for. Hey, hit the thanks button. At least that makes 7. :)

hdfk likes this.
  11. hdfk

hdfk Geek Trainee

ill hit every thanks button that u post cos u r the man...........u fixed my computer !!!!! woo ledgend.......im guessing if that technician hadnt fiddled around it would of been ok all i gotta do now is install drivers to make sure it finds my harddisk is sata cos it finding it as ide but that shouldnt be hard......................should it?

12. bobbyk

bobbyk Big Geek

Naah. Just be sure to load the drivers that came with the mobo and you'll be okay. Good luck. :)

hdfk likes this.
  13. hdfk

hdfk Geek Trainee

wnt have to install xp again? if i get stuck im sure ill get help from these lovely people

14. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

load up and see if it works, you shouldn't need to install XP again as its the CPU that was the problem, not the HDD, glad someone could help, nice one bobbyk, i should of thought of that, its helped me out a few times when my bios got screwed, just load defaults then adjust what i need to adjust.
    Well hope all goes well.