AMD X2 6000+ Overclocking: Bad stability..

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by audio84, Apr 1, 2010.

1. audio84

audio84 Geek Trainee

Hi guys,

Just tried my hand at a bit of overclocking on my AMD Athlon X2 6000+ with my nForce M3N-HT (780a) mobo. There's an 'A.I.' option to automatically clock it from 3000mhz to 3300mhz, but I've tried to up it a bit more than that. With VERY little knowledge of manual overclocking, I've had a whack at it and have come up with a few issues..

From what I can tell, 3300mhz will run as stable as a rock at the following settings:
    FSB:220, Multi:15x, Vcore:1.440v, NB:1.24v, HT: 1.26v

I've managed to get the system to boot with the processor running at 3405mhz, but it's a little unstable with screen scrambling. The settings are:
    FSB:227, Multi:15x, Vcore:1.500v, NB:1.28v, HT: 1.28v

Either my processor is terrible at overclocking (I've heared it isn't the best, but this bad?), or I'm missing something.. surely 3.4ghz isn't much to ask?

Any help would be appreciated! Cheers!

P.S. If it helps, here's some of my system specs:

2GB DDR2 800Mhz Corsair XMS2 Ram
    GeForce 9800GTX+ 512mb
    700W Jeantec Storm PSU
    Cooling isn't a problem, with an Antec 1200 case and a Zalman Flower CPU cooler.

2. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hi, set the cpu voltage to the maximum it cant handle, the pwm's will adjust the voltage to what's needed i presume the maxium is 1.5v?
    HT voltage i think is hypertransport bus basically fsb (system bus controller) set it to mid - high and northbridge voltage set it mid - high voltage. then run a program called prime95 or OCCT. I personally prefer OCCT.

If your system posts at 3.4ghz it's generally a sign the cpu isn't the problem, it's normally down to voltages mostly vcore but also can be other voltages such as cpu pll, fsb/ht controller and northbridge chipset voltage.

here the direct download link: http://www.ocbase.com/download.php?fileext=zip
    kaspersky detects it as a trojan but it isn't.

very good program give it a try. It isn't a virus don't worry, you can tell from my stats I come on here to help other members not to direct members to malware.