Another hd problem (F*#* Sake)

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by izzy007, Dec 24, 2006.

1. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

well evertime i reinstall windows, my D (backup drv) is inaccessible and so when the computer is restarted, it recovers from errors and then its accessible BUT some of the files get corrupt everytime, different ones that is
    i ran chkdsk ( know its sh**) full surface san and recovery but it recovered some errors and some of the files are accessible but some still arent.

aslo its a 158gb partition and it said 160gb used of 158gb and i deleted some files so its 156gb of 158gb now BUT ive only used about 120gb
    tried SPINRITE level 2 but o success, I will try level 4 today but what setting should i choose, i dont really know.

Also chkdsk says about 86gb is in bad sectors but SPONROTE level 2 said NO ERROS FOUND??

plz help
    thanks

2. NeloForster

NeloForster Source of Exyphetadolamin

This could be down to something simple like a faulty IDE cable. Even worse though, it could be a problem with your IDE port on your mobo. Have you tried using a different IDE cable and seeing if that makes a difference? Also if you're up for it, swap the HDD's over and see if it happens to your other HDD?

3. izzy007

izzy007 Big Geek

well the drive is a SATA (serial ata) drive not IDE and the cable is new and was working fine before.
    i tried spinrite up to 71% and still no errors