another problem with my mobo

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by o0oSpoono0o, Apr 16, 2003.

1. o0oSpoono0o

o0oSpoono0o Geek Trainee

i dont really remember what the prompt says word for word but it occurs on boot up. what happenes is memory check, drive check then it prompts me to press the f2 key then it boots the way it should. but when winblows starts up the clock is also wrong i have replaced the cmos battery but the problem is still there....any ideas?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Hmmm...I know I've seen something about the clock issue like you're having...I will have to see if I can find it and if it's relating to your motherboard.

BTW, if you want a 2nd opinion, and especially for AMD motherboards, hit up AMDMB's forums. You might be able to find an answer there faster than any of us are able to respond. I love the forum's over there, and find it very helpful for finding answers regarding AMD.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, I haven't really been able to find much yet. In the meantime, take out the battery and leave it out for 24 hours and then put it back in and see if that helps any. You'll have to redo all your settings you changed---including date and time, etc.

4. o0oSpoono0o

o0oSpoono0o Geek Trainee

kinda did that

i have kinda of done that already. i took out the battery and reset the settings. restored them to default and still nothing. but this is the second time this problem has occured. i flashed the cmos and replaced the battery and it was all good it was workign fine. i didnt unplug the computer after that problem occured so i dont now whats going on. it gets turned off at the power strip every time i guess.(its my aunts computer is y i guess) uhh while i was tehre all i did was cold and warm boots and the problem didnt occur so do you think it can be something worng with turning it off at the power strip>?

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Might be. A small amount of power runs through the motherboard so long as it's connected to the power supply. If you don't have any power running to the PSU, the stored electricity in the capacitators eventually drains and then the CMOS battery is left alone. Over time, the CMOS battery will drain enough to need replacing. If this is happening over several months, I probably wouldn't worry, especially if the time is the only thing that's being an issue. However, if it's doing it every other week or less, there's some problem. What, I can't say right now.

6. o0oSpoono0o

o0oSpoono0o Geek Trainee

it just goes not even a few days and the error occurs again. and the cmos battery still has a charge on it when i take it out