Anyone That Can Help Me Remove Some Nasty Malware/viruses?

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Bogdanov989, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Bogdanov989

Bogdanov989 Geek Trainee

I was recently cleaning my sisters laptop from all the regular junk people get their computers infected by.

She was not using any kind of anti-virus or anti-malware so there is a lot of junk, and formatting the pc is not an option at this moment.

Anyway i install programs like Kaspersky Total Security, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Norton 360, Avast and ESET to remove the junk.

One after the other (waiting for the previous to finish and then restart PC) i use each of these programs to perform the most thorough scan possible (including tweaking settings for maximum "paranoia").

To cut the story short, these programs removed A BUNCH of junk but there is still some crap on the laptop that NONE of those programs are detecting!
    Neither the manual scanning nor the "constant system protection" of these programs are able to detect the obvious malware!

I can manually delete the folders of these junk/malware but it reappears either instantly or after a restart.
    Sometimes they are in a form of a firefox/chrome plugin/addon, but at other times they are just regular malware that does various annoying things (mostly ad related).

So how can i get rid of all such junk, aside from a full pc format, when all the best anti-virus/malware programs have miserably failed?
    Is there any way to combat these horrible malware that seem invisible to every form of scanning PC security programs have to offer?

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Have you turned off System Restore and rebooted to remove ALL OLD restore points ? Have you tried Hitman Pro ?

3. Logan Milligan

Logan Milligan Geek Trainee

Use only one software at ones because they also harm your computer. Here are some other antivirus lists: "Microsoft Essential", "Avira" & "OptimoAV".