Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Boot Loop

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Kennethtruyers, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Kennethtruyers

Kennethtruyers Geek Trainee

Hi,

My PC is stuck in a boot loop.
    When I start it up, the debug display shows a few codes, up until 4F and then reboots again.
    I looked at this code in the manual and it says "DXE IPL is started".

I've tried the following things:

• Disconnecting everything but the RAM and the CPU (wihtout the RAM I get a beep which indicates no RAM is available) ==> This still gives me the same error
    • Running the entire configuration outside of the case to discard a short against the case ==> This still gives me the same error
    • Using a different PSU ==> Still the same problem
    • Resetting the CMOS ==> The first time it tries to boot after the reset it display 4F, then 67 and then reboots, after that, it just gets stuck again in the same loop.
    My configuration:
    • CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K
    • PSU: Corsair HX650
    • SSD: Samsung 840 Pro
    • RAM: 16GB (2x8GB DDR3-1600)(Kingston HyperX Genesis)
    • Case: CoolerMaster Silencia 650
    This PC has been working for 3 years. The problem occured after I installed a program which installed hardware drivers for a hardware dongle. It required a reboot and that's when the problem started showing.

I'm guessing either my mainboard or my CPU is fried, but I have no idea how to check it. Any ideas?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It sounds more like something with your OS than anything else. Probably something with that hardware dongle driver.

First, unplug the dongle.
    Start the system and press F8, so you can have a list of startup options. Use Safe Mode and see if you can get into Windows. If you can, uninstall the driver.