ASUS Anti-SURGE Problem or PSU?

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by MarioM2406, Apr 1, 2012.

1. MarioM2406

MarioM2406 Geek Trainee

I bought a generic 800W PSU when my previous 600W generic power supply stopped working but now when I finish playing my PC restart without any blue screen I changed the PSU for the same PSU when I thought this was ruined and the problem continues even with the new PSU this is the message error after restart: "ASUS Anti-Surge triggered to prevent damange caused from unstable power supply. Press F1 to enter settings. Press F2 to proceed with default settings." My PC Specs: ASUS M4A78LT-M LX, Phenom II x3 3.30Ghz, 4GB RAM DDR3 1333, Radeon HD 6850, 500GB SATA 7200RPM.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Given you're saying generic PSU, I would wager it's the power supply. Wattage means nothing, and for all you know that "800 Watt" unit may not even be capable of providing said rating. I would strongly encourage you to invest in a quality unit. A 600W+ will be fine, but get a good unit. A few suggestions would be Corsair, Thermaltake, Seasonic or Antec (except for the Basiq line).
    They will probably run you $100 USD and up, but very well worth it. Keep using generic PSU's and you could risk damage to any component connected to that power supply.

If the power supply is not feeding the system adequate power, you may experience errors and blue screens.
    Again, it is very well worth your while to invest in a quality unit.