Asus Striker II Formula Error n Shutdown Problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Comics, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Comics

Comics Geek Trainee

Need experts help pls!

Specs:
    Asus Striker II Formula, Q6600, Kingston HyperX PC2-1066 2Ghz. 2x Gainward 8800GT 512mb. RAID 0 2x WD Harddisk, PSU VORTE X 600.

Before that i'm using ATI X800XL . I've uninstalled the driver from the PC n replaced with 8800GT. I hit the error msg(pls see msg in blue) n it crashed my OS. So I reformated my harddisk n reinstalled the OS but still getting the same error msg.

Also, my PC will always auto shutdown and this error will appeared. Sometimes it took about 40mins to appear after pc startup but sometimes it appeared immediately after the startup.

I've updated all the drivers & flashed to the lastest Asus BIOS 1101 & had also updated the audio driver from Asus website. I've also tried on 1 VGA card but still having same problem.

Error msg encountered:
    A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    The problem seems to be casued by the following file: senfilt.sys
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error scree. restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, Press F8 to select Advanced startup option, and then select Saft Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xBAF78084, 0x00000000,0xA955e6CE, 0x00000000)

** Senfilt.sys - Address A955E6CE base at A9512000, DateStamp 4415a07c

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete.
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Try this.

Also, you may want to invest in a better power supply. MG isn't known to be a stellar choice in power supplies, so you might seriously consider purchasing something that's not crap like an Antec Earthwatts, Corsair HX/VX/TX series, FSP or Sparkle, OCZ for example.