At my wits end...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by NoS, Oct 26, 2008.

1. NoS

NoS Geek Trainee

System:

Mainboard: Abit AN52
    Ram: 2gb A-Data 800mhz DDR2
    CPU: AMD Dual Core 64 6000+
    GFX: XFX GeForce 8800GT Alpha Dog
    PSU: OCZ 600w
    HDD: 80GB SATA Western Digital
    Case: Antec p180

heres the problem, my computer will randomly hang(with repeating sounds)/bluescreen with a seemingly random stop code (last one was 4f). this has been happening for about 2 months now and has gotten worse. so naturally the first thing i did was reinstall windows, that didnt work(tried 3 different versions of XP and now Vista U). next i swapped out the ram and the mainboard, which left me with the same problem still. next came the gfx card, still the same problem. swapped out the hard drives, the cpu, the psu, the plug sockets, keyboard, mouse... even the fans. basiclly i have a whole new setup and still the same problem... i'm at my wits end and i just dont understand how this can still be happening the exact same way with totally new and different hardware/software. any ideas... ? :x::x::x::x::x:

temps idle/load in c

cpu 25/50
    gfx 45/60

voltages

cpu core 1.1v
    ram 2.0v
    +12 11.85v
    +3.3 3.36v

2. winslow33

winslow33 Geek Trainee

The way I see it, although I'm no expert, is that it's a software problem. Try re-installing an OS and don't put on any software for a while. As in, a week. See if that fixes the problem.

3. gazaway

gazaway Geek Trainee

Does this usually happen in the same program? I'm guessing gaming by the looks of your rigg. Is it the same game? What game?
    Are you using the latest drivers for your video card? Alot of the time something like this means that there is a problem with your GPU. Another thing could be your PSU. Perhaps your 12v rails are failing on you and when you lose the power to the GPU u get a BSOD.