Badass Gaming Mouse?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Battleships, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Battleships

Battleships Geek Trainee

Could anyone recommend me a money-no-object mouse designed for gaming, one thats particularly suitable for FPS games requiring precision movements at speed.

For the sake of cleaning, id probably rather an optical mouse, but i have heard of a few extra special ball mice, so i wouldnt rule them out....

I had a bad experience with a cordless optical mouse, the batteries it required made it too heavy, especially in combination with my icemat, it slid furthur than desired every time!! But again, i wouldnt rule them out, depends on the mouse in question....

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The Logitech MX510 is one of the best corded optical mice available, and will run $50 or so depending on where you look. The cordless MX700 is the same thing, but just cordless. It does come with a charging cradle, however. I am with you in that cordless mice are heavy.

3. Battleships

Battleships Geek Trainee

ok, ive posted exactly the same question in the 4 computer related forums i currently use, and funnily enough it seems that great minds really do think alike :wink:...so far, only razer and logitech mice have been recommended me...after reading a few MX1000 reviews it becomes apparent that there is almost nothing to criticise here!

However, one issue that wasnt mentioned in the reviews i read is the weight of the mouse, although less that other cordless mice due to the lithium ion battery instead of AA...This cant really be considered a criticism of the mouse as its subjective to peoples taste's, but personally i HATED the MX700 cordless, i found it too high and far too heavy for my needs, making precision movements harder...

So, on to my point, im almost certainly going with the new Razer Diamondback mouse (1600 dpi!!), the only drawback seems to be that the side buttons are a little too taxing to press in gaming situations that require very quick responce...however most games of this sort allow players to set the scroll wheel to certain important command, so WHO CARES!

I challenge anyone to recommend me another mouse (not logitech! there not for me!) thats more suitable for a gamer who preferes light, ambidextrous mice (im a lefty :wink: )

4. Tigger

Tigger Geek Trainee

razor mice are disgusting.

i personally use microsoft intellieye .. not the explorer.. i think its 100 times better than the logitech.