Bell samsung sch u740 difficulties.

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by Ragewarp, Jan 12, 2008.

1. Ragewarp

Ragewarp Geek Trainee

I just got my u740 yesterday through bell and my obvious first task was to unlock it so as to have mp3 ringtones and whatnot, so i get bitpim and from reading previous walkthroughs of unlocking, i got it all set up under COM4 as other CDMA phone. and now the problem. It must be only with bell phones because when i expand the root folder in the filesystem i get no other folders and about a dozen files i can access in the root. i find that people who have this phone under verizon have no problem accessing the filesystem, hence me thinking it is a problem with bell.
    I know any fixes or loopholes for this is probably a long shot but its worth a try, anyone with any insight would be much appreciated.

Rage.

2. Ragewarp

Ragewarp Geek Trainee

3. Ragewarp

Ragewarp Geek Trainee

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

5. syngod

syngod Moderator

Sorry but bell's phones are locked down tight. one way around ringtones though is upload them through rumkin and download off your phone.

6. mimissa

mimissa Geek Trainee

hi, i have the same problem as u for the unlock code for ur phone from bell did u found the solutions, cause on the web its only for verizon??