Bfg 6800gt

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Jecht, Jun 27, 2005.

1. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

i am having some big time stablitiy issues with my system. but first thing is first, how hot does my 6800GT have to be , to render my system frozen or w/e , reboot, etc. i dont know whats causing my system to reboot, im guessing a heat issue, and i dont know what sensor program to beleive. i have a thermal sensor attached to my xp-120, is that correct? i seen my gpu get up to 72C, reported by nTUNE monitor, and cpu is only getting as high as 38C, any suggestions?

2. swirly

swirly Geek Trainee

Make sure everything is seated properly!

3. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

72 really shouldn't cause any probs, unless you have the core shutdown settings at that point but I doubt it. You can always get better cooling but I can't see what would be wrong.

Deadlock64 likes this.
  4. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

yeah its not a big problem, but there is always room for improvement, better cooling or cleaning up cables would help, but thats not that bad of a ambient/load temperature, and for the 6800GT 72 is a bit high, try to maybe lower some settings lightly, or (im not recommending you to do this, this can endanger the GPU) you could put like arctic silver 5 on the chipset, which is somewhat risky, and I wouldn't try it.

5. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

thx for the replies,

all of my components are seated correctly, and my bfg is oced a tiny bit, have a look at the screenie, for some reason i dont think its an issue, this problem is happening in half life 2. also, in the picture, core on the right has a red box, i dont know what that means, but im guessing, the voltage is incorrect, perhaps causing this instability?

Attached Files: