[bios] Serveral Issues After Updating Bios

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Fouché Aziz, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Fouché Aziz

Fouché Aziz Geek Trainee

Hello everyone,

I have as project to upgrade my GPU, but my motherboard's previous bios wasn't recent enough to enable the compatibility.

So I've downloaded the most recent version of Bios for my motherboard from the official website, closed apps, formated to FAT32 a 256MB USB pen and copy files from the archive in.

I launched the .exe, everything seemed to happend nice, the system rebooted, and I got a first error, was something like :
    No OS detected, unplug all the devices and reboot the PC

I rebooted my PC after unplugging my USB pen, the system booted normally but after the 2-3rd frame of the windows 7 launching animation he screen freezed, then a window appeared : "Windows was unable to boot normally", windows launched a scan which has been useless, of course...

I tried to restore the system as it was before the update, but my computer has been unable to restore it.

I tried to plug/unplug my RAM but didn't seem to change anything.

I tried to find the .A20 corresponding to my motherboard to flash manually but I didn't find it.

I tried to restore my motherboard's settings as default but it has been uneffective too.

I hope I'll not have to buy a new moherboard, because mine is quite good even if a little old...

My config :

- MS-7696 MSI Motherboard, BIOS E7696 V2.0
    - Windows 7 familial edition
    - 4GB of RAM Kingston DDR3
    - AMD A8-3850 2,9GHz
    - NVidia Geforce gts 450

If you have ideas i would be wonderful ! :)

Regards

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014
  2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

First thought would be to ask if you've cleared CMOS this way: shutdown the system, unplug at the power supply, remove CMOS battery, set CMOS jumper to clear and wait at least 10 seconds (longer wont hurt) in the order given. Do the reverse order before powering the system back on and see if your settings now stick.

3. Fouché Aziz

Fouché Aziz Geek Trainee

OK thanks a lot I'll try that !:)

Last thing it would be cool if I could keep all my data and if I didn't have to clear my hdd :)

Thanks

4. Fouché Aziz

Fouché Aziz Geek Trainee

OK I think I will have to downgrade my bios, I did a backup of the previous version. ..

I have only a .rom someone know how to do ?:)

5. Fouché Aziz

Fouché Aziz Geek Trainee

Yeah I finished in finding a solution ! :D

For people for similar issues, formate a usb pen into FAT32, at the startup press the key to acceed to the bios (mine in Del), go to M-Flash, then plug the USB key, ensure the first line is disabled and press enter on "copy bios on USB" or something like that. Then press enter on "update from USB", select the file created and press enter.

In advanced options -> internal peripherals make sure the Sata port is on AHCI and not IDE.

Worked for me :)