Blown - RAM or PSU - Confused ??

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by ankydu, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ankydu

ankydu Geek Trainee

Hello all.
    I have a P-4 3.0ghz HT processor based system, with 3 gb of RAM ( 2X1gb and 2X512 MB in dual channel config) on a intel 915GAV motherboard. Recently I bought a new PSU ( Antec trio 550) to replace my old PSU. I added the PSU in the cabinet and connected all the pheripherals, and there was no display. Then I removed one of the 512 mb RAM modules and booted the system and the system booted normally. Then when connecting the RAM back I by mistake forced it in the wrong way and booted the system and there was no display. Now even with any one of the four RAM modules there is no display. So I got my mboard replaced since it was under warranty. But Now when connecting back everything I dunno whether the Ram modules or the PSU is also gone. I dont have any other system to try these components also I dont want to risk any of my friends systems. Can anyone help.

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

what happens when you put your old psu back in?

3. ankydu

ankydu Geek Trainee

I took a chance and connected everything back. The system is now booting fine, but I dont know y out of no reason the processor fan is spinning very fast generating lot of noise and the processor seems to be heating a lot. I dont know why, cud the PSU be at fault. Also from the replaced motherboard the Hardware monitor Option is missing which i used to use to check processore zone temperature. Could the board be defective.??:confused:

4. ankydu

ankydu Geek Trainee

The motherboard got replaced again and now everything is working fine.

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

When working inside the computer / on the Motherboard , It is NEVER a good IDEA to RUSH things or FORCE things,You will only pay for it latter..Always take your time and do things right the first time... Ram will only go in one way..

6. zxivate

zxivate Geek Trainee

Ghost has an excellent point, but at least it is all working again, funny how it was the motherboard