Boot / power problem???

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by slimsoul, Oct 18, 2005.

1. slimsoul

slimsoul Geek Trainee

Hi, i have recently replaced a HD on my Internet PC, replacing one that was giving me problems when booting up. The PC worked fine for a week, then yesterday i tried powering up the PC and i hit a brick wall!!
    The PC powered up the fans and cd rom but no signal was sent to the monitor, nor did any of the L.E.D's light up and not one single beep sounded??
    Not knowing exactly what to look for, i checked the power/l.e.d's cable connection to the MB, the two front usb ports connection to the MB and the 'beeper' connection to MB, when replacing the power/l.e.d's cable I only replaced the power switch connection and switched on and it came on workin in order so i shut back down connected everything as it should be and fired back up and the PC worked fine. So i left it powered up overnight, only to find this morning the L.e.d's had gone off and the signal to the monitor had gone a again and it was back in the same condition??

It is a 1.25ghz AMD athalon, 256mb Mem, and i use it solely as a PC for the internet.

If anyone has any advice it would be most appreciated,

Cheers