Boot problems since install of new printer.

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by DavidNW, Aug 29, 2007.

1. DavidNW

DavidNW Big Geek

Today, I have installed this printer/scanner/copier NEW Lexmark X1270 Multifunction Printer USB Print / Cop on eBay, Printers, Computing (item 140149137808 end time 19-Aug-07 13:05:27 BST)

Since the install I'm experiencing problems booting intio XP - things seem to stall at the splash screen and sometimes all I get is a blank screeen. I'm tempted to think that is might be a PSU problem, but I have only just recently put a brand new Fortrun 450W PSU in the PC & I'm only using one USB port on the entire machine - that for this new printer/scanner/copier. Surely, my PSU can not be underpowered for running just this one device?

Any help would be appreciated,

David.

UPDATE:

Things appear to be getting worse! I go to shutdown XP - the system powers-off only to immediately boot back into XP! Everything seems to work fine if I disconnect the new printer and XP shuts down as normal. Weird of what?

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

I have a printer close to that one, Well it is a lexmark all in one.. Anyway,450
    PSU is more than enough to push the printer and what ever, Have you tried other drivers? What happens if the printer is unplugged or if you uninstall the printer, does it still do this?

3. DavidNW

DavidNW Big Geek

Yes, it does! I have done a clean install of XP & the problems still remain. I have discovered that I can actually turn-off the computer by holding in the power button, but obviously this is not ideal. I'm just hacked-off because the PC was running brilliantly before I installed the printer/scanner/copier - and now things have just gone pear-shaped.

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

This does not sound like it is the printer, You are having a major conflict some
    where. Hardware conflicts can be a real pain..can you get into manage ?
    Right click on my computer and select manage, Then choose Event Viewer,
    next look at Applications and system for errors..