Can I Install Wd10ezex In My Pc

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by Ankit, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Ankit

Ankit Geek Trainee

Hi Guys
    My system's motherboard is Intel DG31PR, Processor Core 2 Duo E6550.
    My current HD is WD1600AAJS-22PSA0
    Interface: SATA 3 Gb/s with 22-pin SATA connector/SATA 1.5 Gb/s with 22-pin SATA connector (Mobile)

SATA type: SATA-II 3.0Gb/s

Now I am looking to purchase WD Blue WD10EZEX which is SATA 6.0 Gbps

Please suggest whether it is compatible? Its costing me 4200 Indian Rupees on flipkart. Is it worth it?

Do i necessarily need to have 4 Pin and SATA Data to Combined SATA 22 Pin Power and where may I find if as I am not able to get it at online portals (India)

Thanks
    Ankit

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

So you are plugging WD Blue WD10EZEX SATA drive onto desktop board with SATA connectors? No problem with that.

You need only normal SATA data cable and ordinary SATA connector from PSU. No need for combined connector.

3. Ankit

Ankit Geek Trainee

Thanx for response but as I don't have any hardware knowledge can you please share the exact name of cable/connector along with some pic or url so that it would be easy for me to ask at retail shop. Thanx again :)

4. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

5. Ankit

Ankit Geek Trainee

Ohh That was really helpful. Thanx. So I just need SATA cable and no need of SATA connector and adapter right?

6. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

SATA cable and SATA power connector from PSU, yes. If your PSU has not SATA power connector, then you need power adapter also.

No need for adapters like you have with that mobile HDD.