Certified-Toolbar

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by SpringFlower, Jan 30, 2013.

1. SpringFlower

SpringFlower Geek Trainee

Hello. I need help removing the Certified-toolbar. My homepage has been changed to search.certified-toolbar.com and i don't want it to be like this.
    I've already tried uninstalling it from control panel and from the add-onns list in firefox, but its still there. Does somebody have any suggestions?? :(

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

It is probably some form of a Trojan, Have you run Antivirus or any spyware software yet ? Also run a Registry cleaner.....

3. SpringFlower

Oh i really hope its not that serious. No i do not have any antivirus program. I will download one right away if this is what it takes to remove the toolbar. Can you recommend one?

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

5. SpringFlower

Here is what i managed to find as information
    http://www.americanpendulum.com/2012/11/07/remove-certified-toolbar/ It says here that the toolbar is malicious and harmful application, not a trojan (whew). Although, it also says that its aim is to give hackers access to my data, so its kind of dangerous.

I read that i should check here C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts for any suspicious file and that i have to delete my entire browsing history and my cookies.

After doing this i will follow your advice and install Avast or maybe Malwarebytes.

Wish me luck and thanks a lot for your help.:)