Children of Men

Discussion in 'TV, Movies, Anime and Manga' started by sabashuali, Aug 21, 2007.

1. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Caught this one on Sky. Took me by surprise. I really did not expect what I got... Simply one of the best films I have seen lately. Dark, violent and scary.

I am not giving away anything. It is really worth checking out!

Go see it!!!

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

never herd of it, will keep an eye out for it though

Edit: i havn't seen any good horror films for years, but Grudge it good, vv good & very scary

3. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

Children of Men didn't really catch my interest. It may be because it didn't seem like my kinda film or maybe I was just too tired to pay attention to it. My fiance highly recommends it too, so I'll probably check it out properly soon.

4. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Well.. it is such a personal thing....
    Heard this acclaimed film critic on the radio and he never saw Blade Runner and never felt the need to.... his loss I guess but it just shows that not everyone react to art in the same way. I suppose it is quite obvious....

5. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

It'd be really boring if everyone liked the same things though.

I know I don't react to some art in the same way other people do, for instance I saw Vincent Van Gough's famous Flower painting along with a Chair painting. My fiance was saying how symbolic they were, my spoken reaction was this: "That's not art, that's a vase of flowers and a chair."

Back on topic, I'm a great lover of movies, but if something doesn't grab me straight away it's hard to get into it.