Comp Peripherals

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Willz, Aug 23, 2006.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

Hi, over the next few weeks i am building new desk, and storage for my comp towers, here is a picture to describe whats happening.

pic: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v319/thehub/sketchofroom.jpg (soz about the handwriting, aint used to the graphics tablet yet :p)

Now from the pic, you can see that the length if 5m, obviously cables aint going to reach that far, the devices in question are Keyboard/Mouse & Monitor, so what i need is some long Monitor extension cable's for 2 of my monitors so both can extend prefrebly up to 5m, i also need new keyboard, my 2 other keyboards are crap, the keyboards need to be Wireless, capable of been 5m away from the reciever and that are good for gaming, i cant game with my 2 other keyboards, there just too crap, infact my main mouse is too, only 800Dpi and i cant turn fast enough, of course the 2 keyboards need to be different as if they were exatly the same they would interfear with each other.

So, the Peripherals i need are, 2 Wireless Mouse/ Keyboard combo (2 different sets),1 decent gaming mouse (not one that costs a bomb) and monitor extension cable for up to 5M.

As i said, i would like decent Mouse/Keyboard, but i dont want them to be very costly.

2. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

What would you consider to be costly for a keyboard and mouse combo.

My current keyboard cost me 3 quid but thats cause my keyboard tends to fly when i get hacked off with the game im playing. :D

3. Willz

well, about up to 20quid for each mouse/keyboard (has to be wireless) & 20quid to 40quid for a gaming mouse, would prefer wireless gaming mouse but it does not have to be wireless.

4. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Most of the gaming key board and mice tend to be wired. or wireless at the top end of the market like the Logitech G7 mouse.

Hardcore Gamers Bundle - Saitek Eclipse Keyboard with Logitech G7 Mouse £72.84
    yeah ok so its a bit above what you were wanting to pay and the keyboard isn't wireless but this has quality written all over it. Ive had a wirless keyboard in the past and battery life was a constant problem.

Best wireless gaming keyboard? - TechIMO Forums

couldn't really think of one so just had a look around the forums and bingo loads of wireless keyboards.

5. zeus

zeus out of date

Ive got the microsoft wireless set and love it! I think its £30 now.

6. Willz

meh, not much there.

(for gaming mouse i would prefer a Left Handed mouse as i am left handed :p)

7. Willz

8. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

microsoft keyboard??? erm no having the MS op system is just about the limit. don't want to line Bill Gates pockets even more.

I followed the link for the G15 keyboard. Why is the UK keyboard 20 quid dearer. what a rob!!!

The fact that it states it isn't a UK keyboard would lead me to believe that it must be set out differently. Let me check.

9. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

reviews on that particular keyboard aren't amazing.
    Bundle Belkin Bluetooth Desktop - includes Mouse, Keyboard and 10m USB Adaptor,buy online,uk,buy Bundle Belkin Bluetooth Desktop - includes Mouse, Keyboard and 10m USB Adaptor,review Bundle Belkin Bluetooth Desktop - includes Mouse, Keyboard and 10m USB Adaptor,lowest price Bundle Belkin Bluetooth Desktop - includes Mouse, Keyboard and 10m USB Adaptor,F8T042UKB

This fills both yr wireless needs. but im not sure bout the quality. would need a review.

There are like 10 pages of keyboards at mediaatlantic.
    you could have a long search.

Quest for a mouse still continues.

Hoplite Systems Ltd
    Razer Copperhead Tempest Blue

10. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

ROFL. just checked out your drawing. think you should present 'Art Attack' :D

11. Willz

haha lol :p, with a pen and a pencil and real paper, i can actually draw :p

so that Logitech G15 keyboard seems to be crap? i know its got someone banned forever or WOW before, but surely that dont make it crap lol?

12. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

If you want a cheap mouse look on eBay for a Logitech MX610 Wireless Laser Mouse - the normal ones are shaped for right hands but there are left handed models around - they retails at like £40 but I got mine for £10.50 (what a steal)

As for keyboards, I have the Microsoft Wireless keyboard (and mouse - but that sucks) and it's great, I've had it for nearly 3 years and have only changed the batteries a few times - if you're really worried, get some rechargables - one set to use and one on standby for when the other set runs out.

13. Willz

nah, i want 2 wireless keyboard/mouse combo's obviously not the same, actually, no i just want 1, i want a G7 gaming mouse and that Logitech G15 gaming keyboard for my main comp, they look ace!, i thought they did left hand versions of the G5 or G7 gaming mouse? also, what would a right hand gaming mouse feel like in left hand lol?

14. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

15. Willz

Kool, what about the G15 Gaming keyboard from logitech tho?

I think i will get a G7, but i bet battery like will be like 10mins lol.

16. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Battery life depends on either a power charge of a longer charge.
    Minimum is 4 to 5 hrs play time. which is ample unless on wow.

The G15 keyboard is up at £43.00 again on aria

17. Willz

43 quid for US? whats the diffo between US and UK?

18. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

maybe that could be a new post. ive posted a query at aria. hopefully they may reply soon.

It baffles me that there would be a difference. they use the same language so you think they would be the same

19. Willz

well, at the moment, my language options in Windows are set to US for some reason, i have found that were @ is on the keyboard is were " is on the keyboard, so those 2 have been switched lol, oh and shift and that wierd squigle under enter is now | and not pressing shit make it \, so US keyboards are abit retarded, hopefully not that much by changing the letters aswell.

20. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Yeah but the price difference is £20. does the 20 quid price difference justify itself