Compaq Presario KU-9978 Multimedia Keyboard

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by ParanoiD, Jan 26, 2002.

1. ParanoiD

ParanoiD Geek Trainee

I installed Windows XP Professional on somebody's Compaq Presario home desktop system, and they couldn't find the software for the multimedia keyboard (to get those special buttons working) does anyone know where I could find the software? Oh yeah, and Compaq's webpage DOES not have it to my knowledge. (I checked, a few times :swt: )

Thanks

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

If I may ask, what are those special buttons on the keyboard?
    have you tried the software provided with the keyboard, or visited there (Keyboard Manufactures) web site for more info?

3. ParanoiD

ParanoiD Geek Trainee

The keys are like those, volume up, volume down, internet browser, etc. I stated that I could not find the software that came with the keyboard, and the manufacturer was Compaq, who do not have the appropriate software on their webpage.

I don't think this will ever be solved.. heh. :(

4. syngod

syngod Moderator

I'd try emailing Compaq support and see if they do have an XP copy of their drivers available.

However I'm fairly sure that if they don't your probably out of luck as it seems most of the big box retailers only seem to include that data on their recovery discs which is basically worthless after an upgrade.

So I'd try Compaq and see if they can help. Also do you have a bit more info on the model # of the PC and I'll do a bit of checking and see what I can find.

5. ParanoiD

ParanoiD Geek Trainee

Nope, got no idea about what the model number of the PC actually is.. bah.

This is all too hard.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's pretty odd that you can't find it on their site. I'd definitely try to e-mail tech support if ya haven't already. Also, I'd think Compaq's software for the keyboards would work with all the keyboard's...I'm not sure if ya considered that or not. If you do find it on the site---may have to dig some---it ought to work with all their keyboards. Just a guess though, along with restating the obvious.

7. ku-9978 keyboard

The software I believe your looking for is called digital dashboard I'm having the same problem only I'm looking for the actual driver and of coarse compaq doesn't have it !

8. Grightmae

Grightmae Geek Trainee

I installed all of the updated drivers from Compaq and Windows won't even display the buttons for me to customize, Everything works, except just for this function