Contextant HD sound card urgent help!

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by artfuldodger23, Oct 12, 2010.

1. artfuldodger23

artfuldodger23 Geek Trainee

Hey Guys,

I am currently having trouble on my Hewlett Packard Pavilion dv6000 model and its running on Windows Vista. I am having some trouble with my sound card. My sound card driver is the Contextant High Definition Audio driver. I clicked the disable button for the sound card on the device manager and then pressed enable again and it didn't work like it used to (there was a red x on the volume speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner and it said no audio device installed). Thinking it was an updating issue I went to this website to update the drivers (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...tem=ob-45570-1). It still didnt work (red x was still there on speaker icon). Then I went back to the device manager and right clicked on the sound card driver and then clicked "roll back driver" under the details tab to make it go to its old functions and it changed. On n the speaker volume icon on the bottom right hand corner you could control the level of the volume but you couldn't hear the "ding" it does when changing the audio levels and too make sure I went on youtube to watch a random video and there was no audio at all. How can I get my old sound card functions back without rebooting my computer completely if possible? This is somewhat urgent so I would appreciate any help!

Thanks

2. mason66

mason66 Geek Trainee

Hi
    I think you have a problem of sound card.
    So just try another sound card.
    First Aid Training

3. mason66

mason66 Geek Trainee

Hi
    I think you have a problem of sound card.
    So just try another sound card.
    First Aid Training

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

5. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek