Cops shoot unarmed man in the back

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Anti-Trend, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

2. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

i saw a video on this, but not that video, its messed up, i dunno, i honestly don't even know what to say at this point.

3. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

I am shocked and I did not want to watch it more than the once....

I think it is a symptom of a frustrated force which feels it has lost the battle....

4. Anti-Trend

I would be frustrated too, if I was an enforcer for an increasingly corrupt political machine. Then again I would just change my career, NOT shoot an unarmed man in the back.

5. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

While he is on the floor facing down! It does make you wonder, well I wonder about it everytime I see a person in uniform behaving inappropriately, why did these people choose this line of work in the first place. Surely not as a channel to rid of their frustrations... right?

6. Net Jockey

Net Jockey Geek Trainee

In my opinion there was more going on there than meets the eye...It wasn't frustration...It does not just happen in your neck of the woods...Anti Trend. You have just been exposed to a little more of reality...which is not always all that pretty...in our imperfect world.

How ever the likely hood of something like that happening to someone like you is very unlikely...because you would have more scene than to place yourself in a position that would make you vulnerable to such an attack.

Having said that it definitely does not make it right...but unfortunately we have no assurance that this world will ever be fair...But I do identify with your pain.

7. Anti-Trend

What you said actually made me laugh out loud. You shouldn't judge somebody by their age. Even when I was 15 years old, I have been thrown on the hoods of cruisers for being guilty of "walking while poor". If your clothes look shabby, you're automatically a target for a lot of cops. Similarly, if you're not the right skin color in the right neighborhoods, you could be targeted. Once a cop even tried to frame me for a crime I didn't do, then suggested I bribe him $200 in order to make him stop. I guess he figured I couldn't afford more than that.

My frustration in this particular situation stems from the utterly brazen nature of the crime. He shot a clearly restrained man, in the back, while he was lying face-down on the ground. Furthermore, it was in front of about 100 people. And yet, he hasn't even been questioned by his authorities yet, even now. To me it's a sign of the times, a symptom of the degradation of the rule of law in this country. The rate at which authority has grabbed power and shed accountability since September 11 '01 in this country is overwhelming. It's reminiscent of Germany after the Reichstag incident, and I think we all know how that ended.

8. Net Jockey

Net Jockey Geek Trainee

Your age is something that never entered my mind...I too have been framed, and have seen/experienced the darker side of life. However that has changed for me...During the last 26 years I have had a pretty good life.

From what you have described...makes me glad that I live in Canada...Not that it is perfect by any means...but not as bad as you have described.

9. Anti-Trend

It seemed that you were insinuating that this was a lesson learned, that I would come to find the world a harsh and unfair place. I suppose it's only my pride at fault for my overreaction to this. Ultimately it doesn't matter much, and I apologize to you for getting my back up about it. No way for a staffer to act, and for that I apologize to the staff and community as well.

10. Net Jockey

Net Jockey Geek Trainee

It is Posts like this... that prove to me... that my respect for you is appropriate.:)

11. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Hey well that cop is now charged with murder. And discharged from the police force, I think? At least he's getting justice now.

12. Anti-Trend

The guy quit the force on his own, then fled to Nevada. He was caught though, and I believe charged with Murder II.