Corrupt Ost File

Discussion in 'General Software' started by daddyopoewer, Sep 15, 2015.

1. daddyopoewer

daddyopoewer Geek Trainee

I have a user, who cannot get into their outlook 2k3, on their Vista os, laptop. When after shutting down improperly, they get the error

Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\Louise\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\ou tlook.ost. Quit outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the inbox repair tool, see help

I have attempted, to use the scanost.exe file in order to fix the file, but when I browse to the file, I simply get a repeat of the original error. I cannot get into outlook to run the repair utility from within outlook as it simply errors out.

Is there another program I can use to fix the file?

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Reinstall Outlook and/or Vista.

3. raysdenny

raysdenny Geek Trainee

4. LukeRay

LukeRay Geek

Firstly, reinstall Outlook... If you have problems still, then contact Outlook Support !!!!

5. leogleen

leogleen Geek Trainee

Try best and advance OST recovery software and fix OST file in seconds! The software also converts OST to PST securely & convert OST file in multiple formats (PST, EML, MSG, HTML,MHTML,MBOX,RTF,TXT ). Read more information and free download click here http://osttooutlookpst.blogspot.com

6. harperdavid

harperdavid Geek Trainee

Here is another option available at https://www.lepide.com/exchange-manager/restore-ost.html which helps to restore inaccessible files to a live server and convert them to new or existing pst files . It's allow to open ost file attachment including all body, type, name, size added and search across Cc and Bcc fields.

7. romantrump

romantrump Geek Trainee

8. love

love Geek Trainee

Android Mobile App Development
    We are one of the most trusted Android Mobile App and IOS Application Development to meet your business complex requirement through offshore world. Do you have project and want to discuss with us ? We can assist you in Web Application Development, Mobile App development, Games Development & Emerging Technology