Custom Case...NES PC

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by mattisz, Apr 26, 2008.

1. mattisz

mattisz Geek Trainee

Yes, I know it has been done many times before but I'm one of those people that when they see something cool they just have to do it. I am building a NES PC. For those of you who are unaware of NES PCs, I am basically building a computer into a NES. I want to keep this original so I am using the NES' original power/reset buttons and power LED. The only problem with this is that when you purchase a computer case there are wires coming out of all of these buttons and LEDs that plug into the motherboard. They are each 2 wires with a small two pin female connector at the end that plugs into the motherboard. While I could very easily take some wire and make the original buttons work, it would require me soldering to the motherboard which is just something I am not willing to do. Basically what I am wondering is if there is any store or place online that I can purchase this 2 pin female connector so I don't have to solder straight to my motherboard.
    Thanks,
    Mat

EDIT: This is what I am looking for [​IMG]

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Off-hand, I'm not sure where to point, but if you have an older beat up case, you might be able to scavange it all off.

3. mattisz

mattisz Geek Trainee

Well, could you try to help me out a bit. I had an old case that I originally took the wires out of and then I lost them. I mean if you could find them that'd be awsome but if you could just tell me what they're called that'd be great too.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather