D900, The Story Continues

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by SlashAnger, Oct 8, 2006.

1. SlashAnger

SlashAnger Geek Trainee

Next problem...

The Kingston 1GB memory card is not compatible with the Samsung D900...
    What a bummer I didn't get a warning before I bought it :doh:

Does anyone have a time machine I can borrow? I wanna go back in time and buy the W810i instead of the D900.

Anywayz, is there a solution? Like a firmware upgrade? I've been on other forums, no answers and most of them go off topic :eek:

I've found that the memory card seldomly works, but I don't know how or why. Whenever it works and I switch the phone off, and back on, the memory card is "not allowed" although it worked fine before.

What a joke...

2. Addis

Addis The King

I have the D600, and so far its been an excellent phone for me.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

While I don't have the D900, I have an A930 and I'm using a SanDisk microSD/TransFlash 512MB card with it without issue.

4. thomas234

thomas234 Big Geek

My Nokia 6680s memory card has to be "dual voltage", which has caught a lot of people out when buying a memory card. Check in the manual to see if it says anything specific about the memory card requirements.

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Thats not a problem...If its a new one then u can get the replacement or if you've bought a second hand then you can still sell it again on a website like ebays etc.....

6. SlashAnger

SlashAnger Geek Trainee

Doesn't say anything about the voltage...

I live in South Africa... We don't have access to ebay. I can't return the memory card for reasons off topic.

The card works now, still don't know why it sometimes works and other times doesn't work. I think it may be a software bug?

Anyways, all I am looking for is people with the same problem who knows what trick to use to get the card working, like plugging in the card at just the right time or pressing a butoon while inserting the card or something.

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

There's some counterfeit flash memory ciruculating, so if you got some of that, it could explain your problems. I don't have any links, but the stuff is out there.

8. SlashAnger

SlashAnger Geek Trainee

:eek:

I'm giving the memory card to someone with a Samsung D820 and investing into another make. It works fine on the D820!

:cool:

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

SanDisk cards both microSD and regular SD haven't given me any trouble with what I've been using amongst my gadgets.

10. SlashAnger

SlashAnger Geek Trainee

Cool

So it's SanDisk I should buy.
    Thanx.