Decisions decisions

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by yorkkev28, Dec 2, 2007.

1. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Seen as i now have bought half a pc, im itching to buy the other half. Im looking at 8800GT's, fairly confident i'm gonna buy one of them. Just there is so much choice. Out of a page of 8800GT's i'm stuck on which one to get and why!
    Im not really looking above the £200 quid mark.

Is any make better than another?
    How much difference is there in terms of performance between a GPU with a clock speed of 600mhz or one with a 670mhz clock speed?
    Also is there much difference between one with 1800mhz of memory than one with 1900mhz?

Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK

2. yorkkev28

yorkkev28 HWF Minion

Right ive decided which card to get, the only downer is that everywhere i have looked they are out of stock.

So if anyone happens upon a MSI 8800GT 512mb OC pci-e 2.0 GPU that is in stock anywhere in the UK then just give us a yell.

Thanks.

3. Bigpobs

Bigpobs Geek Trainee

What motherboard are you putting it in?

4. Wildcard

Wildcard Big Geek

Hi,

Also, be sure that it is going to fit inside the case. These are really big cards physically. I have a mid size tower case and my card barely squeezed in after I tore out some of the inside of the case. You may want to check the dimensions of your case and the card before you purchase one. I thought it wasnt going to fit mine until i bent some of the metal on the case.. Even if i could afford another one, there is no way it would fit! :doh: