do u play guitar?/my band is alive!

Discussion in 'Concert Hall' started by zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG, May 20, 2005.

1. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

2 matters i want to settle here, first of all, im ecstatic because my band is together and we got every1, and now all we need to do is patch things up.

2nd is ... DOES ANY1 HERE PLAY GUITAR? I NEED SOME1 TO TALK TO haha
    no im not bored jus be cool to once in a while talk bout that stuff

Rock on guys :good:

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

I play bass, good enough?

3. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

awesome man, yea i might learn bass eventually, first goal... play surfing with the alien by satriani with perfection....

*runs away crying*

haha

4. ninja fetus

I know a few people that all they play is that song. They been playin it for a couple years and that's all they play. So annoying. I can't belive how many poeple "play" guitar. THey don't play, they just have one. Know what I mean?

5. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I played. I sold my guitar to buy a better one but ended up spending the money on something else and when i tried playing again i sucked.

6. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

Yeah I hate when they do that, I obsess over my guitar, im like 10 months into it and just learned surfing with the alien fully haha, yeah, im past always with me always with you, but its still a good song.

I also learned lifestyle and big bad moon, seriously, i obsess if I'm not optimizing or doin stuff on my pc im practicing, and vice versa, tech and music are my life

7. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

surfing with the alien.... christ...thats difficult

8. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

it seems like it, after the tapping it gets harder, but the whole part until tapping ends is actually pretty easy to get, then its a lil rough

9. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

I don't play any instruments. I was going to play drums for my friend's band but then I figured out that I wasn't, how do you put it, gifted (I suck). So my friend is the lead guitar player in his band. Now I'm the techie for it. I get to play with their sound and stuff.

10. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

im just a riff guitarist, my friend is awesome, hes the lead in our band haha

techie.. nice, yeah im probably gonna be the nerdy guy in the band haha

we're starting to write this summer, hopefully have something by september, solid and good, we're probably gonna sound like brand new/relient k something more calm and about the words more than music, but dont worry we'll have nice music, I'll post with a clip eventuallly, if its possible, or a link

11. ninja fetus

dokken is kinda funny, they have a good sound but....they aren't too great on skills but it's fun to play

12. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

I'll look that up, sounds cool

13. max12590

max12590 Masterful Geek

alright cool. If my friend's band ever comes out with their own music I'll post it.

14. ninja fetus

heh HWF music

15. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

HF should be a record company

"HF Universal"

16. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

lol i play bass in a band, we wrote songs on our holiday where we nearly burned the bungalow down, anyway thats a different story, our guitarist has been playing guitar for like 8 years, he has now mastered pinched harmonics and they sound amazing when played through our friends marshall stack and when played on a GENUINE zakk wylde bullseye gibson lp i have never heard anything like it (also the guitar is signed by ozzy and zakk, worth a fortune) :good:

17. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

lucky a*s

8 years isnt that much in guitar years, believe it or not, our guitar club teacher has over 20 years, even refused to take part in springsteen's street band, hes amazing, knows like every satriani song by heart too, every damn second, and like a million other ones that are freakishly hard, i can't even get the first line. multiple tapping and hell, he brought a JEM platinum in, steve vai's model, on the last meet, it was amazing, next year he said he'd bring his tube marshall combo, (czuse he doesnt want to drag a h/s probably.) i thik its one of the solo ones 1890 perhaps

18. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

cool yeah 8 years isnt an awful lot for someone onlder but he's only 17

19. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

true we have a 3 year kid into it and he just turned 14 and another kid whos 1 year in but like 8, hes gonna be amazing someday

and I got his autograph :good:

20. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

cool, i been playing like 2 and a half years, but recently i cant focus and i pick up my bass and cant think, it sucks, but i know when i am with the band i cant stop playing