Doom 3

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by Willz, Sep 13, 2005.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

is there anywere i can get saved games for doom 3? becouse i restored my computer some time ago and forgot to back them up.

also is 60fps good for ultra settings @ 1280*1024 res and v-sync on
    i think i had 16X AA or AF whatever it is.

it seems like there is a cap at 60 becouse sometimes the fps meeter just stays at 60 and never goes above :s

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

You need to turn v-sync off since with VSYNC enabled, frame rates will not go over the monitor's current refresh rate.

So at 60hz refresh rate you should not see more than 60fps, if v-sync is enabled.

3. Willz

IS 60FPS good though?
    with AA anf AF on max and ultra settings?

its still not going above 60 even with v-sync off

4. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Doom 3 automatically caps the FPS at 60, no matter what refresh rate/whether VSYNC is on or off.

There is a hack for it, which I don't feel like looking for now, that will remove this restriction allowing FPS to go above 60.

Google it.

5. Willz

oh, i was just thinking is anyhting wrong or somthing, no i am ok with 60, as 60 is good enough.

i thought that the x800xt pe only got around 30 fps when everything is on max :s

why when i try to set it at 16X AF in game, when i restart the game, why does the reseloution change to 640*800 and then AF is back to normal :s??

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

honestly i dont think the human eye can notice much of a difference over a certain frame rate...(cant remember what the frame rate is...)
    its sort of like the human ear cant hear frequencies over a certain pitch...so there's no point playing those frequencies or making a sound card that can play them unless you want a dog or bat to use your computer and go scatty...

7. Willz

1: its 60... anyway why when i enable 16X AF does res change to 640*800 and AF gets turned off when i restart game?

2: any saved games for doom 3?