Ebuyer

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Willz, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

just thought i would say this, and in capiatals, i need to be shouted for everyone to hear.

DONT SHOP AT EBUYER, DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT DONT, you WILL be waiting 3 weeks for your stuff, maybe waiting for EVER, thousands of people are UNHAPPY with there service, and i for one feel like :swear: murdering the owner of ebuyer.

IF you want a good place to shop OVERCLOCKER.CO.UK is the best place.

2. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Thanks for the heads up :)

3. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Sounds like this should be in the War Zone!

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

point taken but their prices are quite cheap compared to other online retailers. Yes you do have to wait quite a while but I don't see anything wrong with it.

I spent quite a bit of money their when building a computer for someone, had no problems with delivery. Infact the items were delivered two days early.

Though on my last order they did send me the wrong colour of the card reader I ordered but it was exchanged with out any trouble.

5. Willz

i know somewone who had to wait 3 weeks for a hard drive :eek: , there cutomer service is rubbish, today its thuesday, status is still "pick in progress" its bieng "pick in progress" for nearly a week, i was supposed to get it on wensday the 31st of august, they said i would defenitly get it today, but that aint happening :(, thats why i am going to order the x800xt pe of overclockers, overclockers are cheaper than ebuyer, lol £187 for an asus x800xt pe :0 normal price £200, normal price for sapphire radeon x800xt at ebuyer.... £246 inc vat, so, there bad with delivery, there bad with cutomer service, they lie, for god sake, there only in sheffield, thats like 30 mins away from me! and when they move to goole, its litrally 20 mins, they said that becouse of the move to goole, they dont have anything to check if an order gets stuck, which has happend to me 5 times!, they obviously can do somthing about it.

6. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah i've never ordered anything off ebuyer but i hear from people i know who have it isnt all that good, i have ordered off www.overclockers.co.uk and its amazing, things are there on time, good customer service if you need it (i didn but someone i knew did)

7. Willz

i have cancelledc the order, tommorow i am ordering that asus x800xt pe off overclockers.co.uk, and i will get it on friday :D, overclockers are now the cheapest and most reliable.

ebuyer.. yak, i spit in your face ebuyer.

8. JimBowen

JimBowen Guest

I agree OCUK are really good,
    and deliver ON TIME!!! ;)

9. Willz

yes, i got my AC freezer 4 on time, the only thing is it was in a padded envelope, i know there good enought, but it seems more professional to put it in a box with padding in than a padded envelope.

10. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

well boxes would be more expensive and padded bags are good enough, from eclipsecomputers it came in a plastic bag from parcel force. no padding but the things in the box were protected enough (gatewatch had about 4cm of padding all the way round in its own box)

11. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

Just for the record, I've made four orders from E-buyer the last few months. Every single one of those orders arrived a day or two earlier then they were supposed to and I received exactly what I'd ordered. I can't vouch for the quality, or lack of it, of their costomer services as I've never had to use it.

12. Willz

ah, but was that the american one?
    the english one is bad.

13. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

The English one :)

14. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

I have to agree with Sniper, i never had anything wrong when using Ebuyer, and i've ordered over £2000 worth of equipment and parts in about 30 different orders.

I think you were just unlucky tbh.

15. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

robably was, like my order with eclipsecomputers....took 2 weeks (but that was because of problems with stock...not their fault but something that got annoying...

16. Willz

i dont think it will be stock problems when they have 32 in stock!, it keeps getting stuck on pick in progress :mad:

17. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I'm so glad this thread is here! :D

I've had such shoddy service from ebuyer, but their cheap prices keep bringing me back like a sucker!

Order 1. Hauppauge TV card, ATI radeon.
    This order went very smoothly - well done ebuyer

Order 2. Ebuyer Extra value PC case, Ebuyer extra value mp3 player, cheap FDD
    Oh dear, this didn't go to plan. The case was so cheap and nasty it didn't make the delivery in one piece! The MP3 player was completely dead on arrival. The floppy drive worked OK though!

Order 4. ebuyer value x2 UDMA cables, ebuyer value x1 Floppy cable and Ebuyer value USB PCI card
    Once again more problems! Instead of sending me 1 FDD cable and 2 IDE cables, i got 3 IDE cables and no FDD cable! Oh, and the USB card didn't work!

Order 4. Another cheap PC case (not ebuyer extra value though)
    I'm expecting this to be delivered this week. I'm wondering if it will arrive in one piece...

18. Willz

Darn, thats worse i have ever head of from ebuyer!
    anyway, after ebuyer, i have been converted to www.overclockers.co.uk and all my orders have gone quick and smooth.

ORDER 1: AC FREEZER 4, excelent and quick service via royal mail, took 2 days.
    ORDER 2: ASUS AX800XT, excellent yet again, order took 15 fromordering it on internet to arriving at my door.
    ORDER 3: AMD 64 3700+ San Diego and gigabyte k8nsc n force 3 250gb motherboard, Orderd on sunday, arrived 2 hours ago.

couldent ask for a better service from overclockers.co.uk, would never shop at ebuyer again unless i was getting the stuff for free :p

19. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

My littel contribution....

IMO, we should learn from jonbenge's mistake, in his case regarding the naughty VIA chips.

There is no much point starting a post with -
    "Never, ever do this, that or the other".
    Even in the war zone...

Like many retailers, they have bad instances (willhub) and amazing ones (Procalx).
    I'm not saying one cannot rant, but I think that in good taste and fairness these posts should not be so ‘definite’ if you catch my drift….
    I do agree, however, that some retailers have better records than others, good prices or not.
    Sometimes the price to pay is not the only “price to pay”. U wif me bro?

My worst experience was with Amazon, I remember I was livid! I just wanted to send a message to my whole firm (very large….) warning them, but a work colleague told me she buys only with them and never had one single problem. That taught me….. Now if anyone asks me, I just say that my experience with them was bad. That’s that…..

20. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

The war zone is about a war of words after all (not abusive obviously). Letting of some steam! Expressing one's anger and disregard to those corporate companies. People power!

It's all kept above board, we aren't calling each other c*nts are we?

The reason we have this forum is so we can 'battle' it out over whether pigs fly or the sky is blue.

If we were all the same it would be pretty boring. Imagine if we all liked VIA....