Ebuyer

Discussion in 'The War Zone' started by Willz, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Addis

Addis The King

I've not had a problem with ebuyer myself, my experience with Amazon wasn't great becuse the parts were ordered very late, but otherwise was fine.

Ebuyer was great for me because they delivered on the day it was estimated, which was only 2 working days after the order.

Savastore was good in prices, but their delivery times aren't great, although their value stuff from Aries isn't bad.

2. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I don't believe it! My case arrived on time and in one piece! Somethings a-miss here!
    Have ebuyer cleaned up their act or was I just lucky?

Congratulations eBuyer... this time!

3. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

See what I mean.......????

Well done! Post pics! :cool:

4. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I personally like savastore, I can check their prices then go and collect things instead of paying delivery, that's what I did with my case, checked the price, then went and checked the case out in person, liked it and bought it there and then, now I know not everybody will be able to do that but I think if you can find an online store and then go and visit their retail shop then that's pretty good.

5. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

the UK ebuyer might of cleared up there act, as they have moved to HULL i belive.

6. megamaced

The names megamaced :p

I've noticed that the delivery times have improved ten-fold. But what bugs me the most about them these days is their 'eBuyer Extra Value' stuff. It's all a load of cheap knock-offs, which are either DOA or will fail within a few weeks.

Now I bought a cheap Ebuyer EV mouse a few months back. Yep, just a mouse, nothing more. How can a mouse fail? Well believe me it can. One of the pins in the PS/2 connector broke off when I tried to plug it into my computer earlier today! Can you believe that? And I thought I was getting a bargain at 99p :confused:

7. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i've not had a problem with Ebuyer although i've only bought a Tagen PSU from them, i usually use novatech they are pretty good, i haven't had a problem with them, yet

8. Willz

i usually use Overclockers.co.uk now, there deleviry is usually spot on :good:

when i orderd my x800xt from there from ordering and from arriving at my house it was 15 hours :eek:, and overclockers.co.uk is like in stafordshire or somewere.

I think i might give ebuyer a try again as they seem to be cheapest around, and they should have moved to hull which is only about 20mins from me, i think they also use parceline now to ship good and parceline is good, it wouldent even take as long as 15 hours lol becouse my dad can pick me the good up from the depot in birmingham.

Lol megamaced i cant belive you would even think about getting ebuyer extra value stuff, thats why its called extra value, wont last 5 seconds!

what mouse was this for 99p, you dont still use non wireless rollerball thing do you?

9. megamaced

I know, you're right :O But I didn't think something like mouse would break!

haha! Yup, I am still living in the dark ages

10. Willz

:p lol, i wouldent be suprised if that 99p mouse was made out of paper lol :p

anyway ebuyer better have cleaned there act up now, i am going to buy my x1900xt form there and i dont want delays, i'm a busy person i have to dig the lawn up.

11. donkey42

donkey42 plank

why you digging lawn up ?
    burying somebody, are you ?

12. Willz

Yea, the manager of ebuyer :p

13. donkey42

donkey42 plank

what !, just the manager, i'd sling in the CEO too (if they have one)

14. megamaced

WOW, using a small knife I was able to bend some of the pins back into shape :eek:

So the mouse is working again, i'll just have to be extra careful the next time I take it out and put it back in again

I'll never shop at eBuyer again though. It's BigPocket's for me ;)

15. Willz

was going to say, if your going to shop at ebuyer again, get a toolkit to fix the stuff, coz it wont last 10 seconds.

16. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah, make sure it's not an 'Ebuyer Extra Value Toolkit' otherwise you'll be stuck :p

17. megamaced

LOL

Yeah, the only Ebuyer EV product I have bought which continues to work today are a few rounded ATA cables :)

18. Willz

give em a couple of minutes and they too will be useless :p

19. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I know we've got ResellerRatings for US online shops, but I don't know of any for the UK/Europe side of things. It'd be helpful to see if this is a common practice or just some bad luck.

20. Matt555

Matt555 iMod