Edirol ua-25 uninstall ??????

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by Murphy, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Murphy

Murphy Geek Trainee

when i uninstall my edirol ua-25,it still works, i have some configuration issues so i'd like to completely remove it but cant,can anyone help please,as just running the uninstall doesnt work thanks in advance

2. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

How are you trying to uninstall the device? I am assuming you are trying to uninstall it via the add/remove programs box in the control panel?

You can also uninstall your device via the device manager. You can access it by 'right clicking' my computer and selecting properties. Then you click on the device manager tab to access all of your installed devices. You didn't say what kind of deivce it is, but i'll assume it's an audio interface. If this is the case, you will need to expand the 'audio devices and joysticks' category and find your hardware. All you do then is right click and select uninstall.

3. Murphy

Murphy Geek Trainee

thanks for replying,ive tried removing it from device manager,trouble is,it is a usb audio device,the only way to install the drivers is to remove usb lead,then use its uninstaller,in theory,then you would insert usb lead then it would find new device,then lead it to drivers cd,trouble is when i reinsert the lesd it just says its working,but theen i cant open the config sofware that comes with it as its not working,this is why i need to remove it completely,ta anyway

4. megamaced

What are you trying to accomplish here? Do you wan't to uninstall the drivers because you have an updated driver version, or do you want to remove the device completely as you no longer need it?

You need to uninstall the driver whilst the device is still plugged in. You should then restart your computer and unplug the device. If you are reverting to an 'onboard' sound device, you will need to enter the CMOS setup and make sure the 'onboard sound' is enabled.
    If you want to upgrade the driver, right click the device in device manager and select 'update'. Follow the wizard for instructions on installing the update.

5. Murphy

Murphy Geek Trainee

hi, i want to reinstall it as its workong with media player,but isn,t being "seen"
    by any of my music creation programs,when you run the uninstaller you have to unplug it,the only way to install then is by putting lead in and following the new hardware found route,as its the only way the installer works,when i uninstall it must still be in the registry somewhere as it doesnt find it as new hardware after uninstall and restart,hope this explains better,thanx for replying anyway

6. megamaced

If your sound card is working in Media Player but not in the other programs, that would mean that your sound card is fine - you just need to configure it properly in those other programs.

What media production tools are you using?