Epox MF570SLI AM2

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Most of our members know I've not been a real avid Epox fan. However, whatever problems they have had seem to be sorted out. [H]ard|OCP takes their nForce 570SLI board, the MF570SLI, for a spin.

The layout of the MF570SLI has a decent layout. The CPU area is free of obstructions, the 4 pin ATX 12v connection is also well placed. The expansion slot placement is excellent as are the positions of the SATA ports and the IDE ports for the most part. The ATX power connector isn’t in my favorite spot, but isn’t poorly placed and should not’t cause a problem. I would prefer it to be closer to the outer edge of the board. The only real complaints I have about the layout are all very minor. The positioning of the second IDE port and the floppy connector isn’t ideal at all in my opinion and need to be closer to the board’s outer edge and the first IDE port. The PCB is revision 1.0 and the capacitors are from Sanyo and Teapo.

While there were a few minor gripes, they seemed really happy with this board. Given Epox pricing, this should be one of the cheaper AM2 boards on the market.

2. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

it does look like a really solid board, but my one concern is the placement of the top PCI-e slot, its really close to the ATX power plug, as well as the audio ports on the rear. My thoughts are it might have some issues with graphics cards like the 7950 and 7900 GTX, with how tall they are