ERROR 1003: Cannot Enable Shared Access

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by Euro98ITR, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Euro98ITR

Euro98ITR Big Geek

I have two pcs at home both are running WinXpro with SP2 installed.

One Pc is connects directly to the internet by Siemens Santis DSL - USB Modem.

The second PC is connected to the above one by a network card and some cable.

I can share files from both pc's but I cannot share the internet connection. It seems that there is something wrong.

On the first system (The one that connects directly to the internet ) does not allow me to select "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection" It says" ERROR 1003 cannot enable shared access" from the advanced properties of the connection.

Any suggestions ?

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

have you been though the windows connection sharing wizard? maybe you you re-create the connection to see if it helps.

3. Euro98ITR

Euro98ITR Big Geek

Tried both! but it didnt work.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Windows Internet Connection Sharing isn't exactly all that great, and really iffy at best from what I've seen--especially in regards to security. You really might want to consider buying, or if you've got an old Pentium 1 box available--building one.

5. Dave35k

Dave35k H4ck3r

you have to enable ics through some of the properties in network connections t set it up like and ad-hoc network, but b4 playing with this try turning your firewall off and doing it that way, for a simple soultion buy a router and use it has a gateway. hope this helps Dave :good: