Error message

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by sunkast, Jun 25, 2005.

1. sunkast

sunkast Geek Trainee

I'm installing windows xp and i get an error message "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I've heard people say its because of out of date drivers. That can't be possible in my case because this is my first time turning on this new pc.

Amd 4000+
    Nvidia geforce 6800 GT
    SATA 10kRPM 74gb
    SATA 7200RPM 320gb

Im trying to put the OS on the 10krpm drive. But i'm getting the blue screen error message.

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

3. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

you have a raptor dont you, i hate you haha

4. sunkast

sunkast Geek Trainee

yes i do have a raptor, and no i didnt change anything in BIOS. Just to boot from my cdrom

5. sunkast

sunkast Geek Trainee

well now im going to try to take out all the parts that are not needed to do installation. The only thing i have is the floppy :/. BUT it is a floppy from an extremely old compaq.

6. sunkast

sunkast Geek Trainee

nothing is working, the only thing i havent tried is taking out my secnondary hard drive

7. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

listen i got the answer to fix it, im pretty sure it will work

its otherwise known as STOP: 0x0000000A

(I've had it before)

it states that some computer hardware piece has failed, and the biggest possibility is that its the memory, but other possibilities include the motherboard, CPU, or drive controllers.

If the problem occured after installing a new piece of hardware, that means that one or more device drivers may be using an improper memory address.

If the problem is hardware failure, take out all unneccesary hardware devices, and try restarting your computer on a single memory stick, disk controller, and video card. If this works, try reinstalling the hardware parts one by one at a time, rebooting in between the sessions. continue until you find witch device is defective. (keep cpu in)

if that does not work, tell me and i'll provide an alternate way that might fix it

sunkast likes this.
  8. sunkast

sunkast Geek Trainee

When it says press any key to boot from CD, I see a list of IRQ.

There are 3 of them on IRQ:7
    2 on IRQ:11
    and 2 on IRQ:10

IRQ
    Memory Controller:NA
    SMBus cntrlr:11
    USB 1.0:7
    USB 2.0:5
    IDE cntrlr:14
    IDE cntrlr:11
    IDE cntrlr:10
    RAID cntrlr:5
    Serial Nus cntrlr:10
    Network Cntrlr:7
    Display Cntrlr:7
    ACPI controller:9

I have no idea if all those have to be different or what. Anybody know about that?

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Download and run [google]Memtest[/google] first.

Next, what power supply do you have?

IRQ sharing shouldn't be an issue. If a device has a problem, than it's not fully compliant with current standards. You can try to disable some of devices you're not using or will not use in your BIOS.

10. sunkast

sunkast Geek Trainee

i downloaded it then burned it to a CD, when it says Boot fromCD:, it pauses for a few seconds then it just says NTLDR Is missing. nothing else then i have to restart

11. ninja fetus

I'd re download and re-burn. Either the .ISO wasn't burned correctly or it's a bad burn.

what program are you using to burn the .ISO?

12. sunkast

sunkast Geek Trainee

just redownloaded and i burned it by copy it and putting it on the cd then clicking the write cd wizard. and it still wont work, is there another program i need?

13. ninja fetus

sunkast likes this.
  14. sunkast

sunkast Geek Trainee

running mem test now on a floppy, ill let you know results in a few

15. sunkast

sunkast Geek Trainee

ok its been a while now and it's done 3 very long tests. Still going too. It's found 10 errors.

an example of one is Failing address 00059f7a02c - 1439MB
    Good
    Bad
    000000ff

Now, what does that mean? i bought bad ram? its Corsair XMS twin channel 2gbs of it! it was quite expensive too, it came right out of the box and into my motherboard.

16. sunkast

sunkast Geek Trainee

Big B-

My power supply is an Aspire 550W

17. sunkast

sunkast Geek Trainee

Well, I used 1 stick of ram to install windows XP and vualla! it worked fine. Then i put in my second stick (which i thought was the bad one) and it recognizes it and says i have 2 gb of ram. I switched to ram slots 1 and 3 instead of 2 and 4. So im posting this on my new comp now. **EDIT** When i put the second stick in and it recognized the 2gb of ram after a few min the error came again. someone told me once you have to have your bios set to run at dual channel? i have the XMS corsair stuff.

18. Addis

Addis The King

I've had problems when one stick of RAM went faulty. Took it out and its been going stable ever since.

19. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

yeah some ram can be affected by just one module, i have dual channel ram and am thinking of getting the same again, (another 512Mb) so i have 4 sticks of 256Mb ram, i am going to make sure i buy the same kingston ram so i can get things as even as posible, i gotta buy it matched as well. my bios is set to run dual channel memory, do you have to set it up for running 4 modules of memory? i will have 2 lots of dual channel, will it just function as dual channel but think each channel is 512Mb (2 x 256Mb)?

20. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

i lucked out, i got a gig and thought i can run one stick on dual, but i couldn't so my dad felt sorry and got me another haha

YESSS!! haha